[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3825)
Cleveland Talk • View topic - IT'S ALMOST HERE!

IT'S ALMOST HERE!

IT'S ALMOST HERE!

Postby tribenutupnorth » February 17th, 2011, 3:20 pm

A week from sunday begins spring training games! GO TRIBE!
tribenutupnorth

Re: IT'S ALMOST HERE!

Postby TribefanstuckinMA » February 17th, 2011, 4:22 pm

TribefanstuckinMA

Postby TribefanstuckinMA » February 24th, 2011, 3:05 pm

Ooo, better start warming up: Image
TribefanstuckinMA

Postby JuicedTruth » February 24th, 2011, 7:54 pm

It's kind of weird. When I was in high school, I used to get way too pumped up for Spring Training to get here. While I'm sure a lot of it was just happy to see Spring approaching, it was also when the Indians were really good. It seemed like I had way too much time back then reading about the farm system, knowing all the season's plot lines, etc. It's mildly sad now seeing how much I used to enjoy it and now I just don't have time to care that much. I figure once I have kids, I'll be a lot more into the early parts of the baseball season again.
JuicedTruth

Postby tribenutupnorth » February 27th, 2011, 2:56 pm

I'm not in HS (or Kansas) anymore, but screw that. BASEBALL IS AN HOUR AWAY! (ish? i think i'm doing the time change thing right...)
tribenutupnorth

Postby InsaneJedi » February 27th, 2011, 3:50 pm

Woo! Can't wait! MLB Gameday Audio is loaded, and I'm ready for some baseball!

GO BASEBALL!!
GO JOSH TOMLIN!!
GO JOEY HUSTLE!!
GOOOOOOOOOO TRIBE!!!!!
Proud supporter of Jason Donald, aka Joey Hustle! Get well soon, Joey; we all want you back.
InsaneJedi

Postby InsaneJedi » February 27th, 2011, 4:26 pm

Tomlin looked very sharp today. Six up and six down, with one ground ball single, one strike out, and a double play. Nothing hit in the air. :D :D

Gotta love baseball season! GO TRIBE!!
Proud supporter of Jason Donald, aka Joey Hustle! Get well soon, Joey; we all want you back.
InsaneJedi

Postby InsaneJedi » February 27th, 2011, 5:01 pm

Likewise, scoreless innings by Pure Rage Perez and Joe Smith. Jensen Lewis now on the bump in a scoreless game in the fifth.
InsaneJedi

Postby InsaneJedi » February 27th, 2011, 5:08 pm

Travis Buck drops a fly ball for a two base error, leading to a Cincinnati run. :x 1-0 in the middle of the fifth.
InsaneJedi

Postby InsaneJedi » February 27th, 2011, 5:38 pm

Wow...Just wow.

My man Joey Hustle rips a double and scores to tie the game, but then Adam Everett apparently left third too early on a sac fly. What should have given us the lead, ended the inning.

:roll:

Tie game at 1, through the sixth.
InsaneJedi

Postby TribefanstuckinMA » February 27th, 2011, 5:47 pm

YAY! It's baseball time! Glad to see you're as excited as I am! Gee, maybe we can get this place looking like the old forum? Although there are "options".... Just so long as this is a troll-free zone we can enjoy the season. ;)

Tribe not doing too badly. Although I think they'll be improved over last year (honestly, could they get much worse? :? ) I'm going into this season more relaxed because I know there are no expectations for greatness this year but I think we'll see some glimmers of hope for the future. I hope....

Go Tribe!
TribefanstuckinMA

Postby InsaneJedi » February 27th, 2011, 5:59 pm

First bomb of the (pre)season caps off a HUGE inning for the Tribe! Also featured doubles by Chad Huffman and Lonnie Chisenhall. Now 6-1 Indians. :D
InsaneJedi

Postby TribefanstuckinMA » February 27th, 2011, 6:01 pm

Apparently THAT inning was our Lucky Number Seven! Who were those guys? Seriously, who were they? I know Hammy (isn't he in mid-season form already? :D LOVE it!) said their names and where they came from...but who are they? The future might be even a little better?

FWIW, I looked all over for an image for the Mike Hargrove "Human Rain Delay" bobblehead and came up empty. :(
TribefanstuckinMA

Postby TribefanstuckinMA » February 27th, 2011, 6:02 pm

Jedi, I know it's only the first game of the year but your Joey Hustle is lookin' pretty good! You did some great coaching in the off season. 8-)
TribefanstuckinMA

Postby InsaneJedi » February 27th, 2011, 6:09 pm

InsaneJedi

Postby InsaneJedi » February 27th, 2011, 6:15 pm

Zach Putnam is struggling a bit with his inning. He's given up four runs now, including two back-to-back home runs.

I think Putnam should have a great future with the Tribe; he's got fantastic stuff.

Now only a one-run lead for the Tribe. :?
InsaneJedi

Postby tribenutupnorth » February 27th, 2011, 6:26 pm

I think it's classic conditioning that causes me to fear this upcoming 9th inning. I have no idea if the bullpen will actually suck or not, but I'm scared nonetheless
tribenutupnorth

Postby InsaneJedi » February 27th, 2011, 6:33 pm

InsaneJedi

Postby tribenutupnorth » February 27th, 2011, 6:39 pm

efffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff...
tribenutupnorth

Postby tribenutupnorth » February 27th, 2011, 6:47 pm

CHISENHALL! yeah baby! bunt him over, kids!
tribenutupnorth

Postby InsaneJedi » February 27th, 2011, 6:48 pm

All right, ninth inning, rally time! And Chiz leads it off right with a double. :D

GOOOOO TRIBE!!!
InsaneJedi

Postby tribenutupnorth » February 27th, 2011, 6:49 pm

Crap.
tribenutupnorth

Postby InsaneJedi » February 27th, 2011, 6:50 pm

Last man standing: Adam Everett. C'mon Tribe, let's go!!!

Crap. Ballgame. :|
InsaneJedi

Postby tribenutupnorth » February 27th, 2011, 6:51 pm

...and it's not to be. The only good part? We're not any farther out of first place than when we started the day
tribenutupnorth

Postby InsaneJedi » February 27th, 2011, 6:52 pm

But hey, look on the bright side: IT'S BASEBALL SEASON AGAIN!!!
InsaneJedi

Postby tribenutupnorth » February 27th, 2011, 7:00 pm

tribenutupnorth

Postby InsaneJedi » February 27th, 2011, 8:09 pm

To sum up, a few general observations I made about the game today:

-Josh Tomlin looked very sharp in his two innings of work today. He struck out a batter, induced a double play, and didn't allow a batter to hit the ball in the air. A good way to start the battle for the fifth rotation spot.

-Joey Hustle performed very well in today's game. He made a few great defensive plays at third base, and if memory served he had a run-scoring double.

-Tough outing for both Alex White and Zach Putnam today. Although Putnam is technically in the running for a bullpen job, with the signing of Chad Durbin both are likely slated to open the season in AAA Columbus. They both should get a few more chances to impress the coaching staff before they are optioned to minor league camp; here's hoping they make the most of them.

-Overall not too much to say about the Tribe's starters offensively, but the "second team" made the most of opportunities given to them in the seventh inning. Nice to see Carrera show some power; that has been one of the weaknesses in his game. Maybe this is a sign that he's improving in that area. With the injury to Crowe and the slow progress of Sizemore, he has a good shot to open the year in Cleveland.

-Two non-roster players made costly gaffs that each hurt the Tribe dearly. Travis Buck dropped a pop fly, a two-base error that led to the first run of the game. Later in the game, Adam Everett left third base early on a sacrifice fly attempt, which cost the Indians a run. It may be the first game of spring training, but this type of error (especially the base running mistake) cannot happen.

All in all, I wish we could have won the game, but I'm glad that baseball is here again! GO TRIBE!!
InsaneJedi

Postby TribefanstuckinMA » February 27th, 2011, 10:31 pm

Hi Sham! Welcome to the party! As Hope would say at TAM: *passes pizza and beer* ;)
TribefanstuckinMA

Postby tribenutupnorth » February 28th, 2011, 11:51 am

tribenutupnorth

Postby TribefanstuckinMA » February 28th, 2011, 3:29 pm

Nope, Hope is a Dr. Pepper kinda gal, but as a gracious host I think she would be offering us a variety of beverages of choice. ;)

In spite of the fact that the Tribe lost yesterday there were some bright spots. Since this is a day later I can't remember details of any in particular, but I thought we did OK. I have to laugh at the people up here. They were all excited about the first two games the Sux won...against Northeastern and Boston colleges. :P Yesterday they played a real team (the Twinkies) and lost. :lol: Right now they're in the middle of the fourth and the Sux are losing to them again 6-3. Our Tribe may not break .500 this year (but I think/hope they'll be much closer than last year - AND have more wins than the Cavs :? ) but I can at least enjoy every loss the Sux have. *shrug* Schadenfreude...
TribefanstuckinMA

Postby InsaneJedi » February 28th, 2011, 3:37 pm

I won't be able to listen to today's game live (curse you, class... :lol:). But one of the nice things I recently found out about MLB Gameday Audio is the archive feature. It lets you listen to a previously aired game as soon as later that day. So I think that's what I'll be doing tonight. :D

GO FAUSTO!
BEAT THE REDS!!
GO TRIBE!!!!
InsaneJedi

Postby tribenutupnorth » February 28th, 2011, 4:39 pm

tribenutupnorth

Return to Sports