I'm in a Lot of Pain Right Now

Talk about whatever!

I'm in a Lot of Pain Right Now

Postby Butters » February 24th, 2017, 12:30 pm

I don't know how many of you have had to deal with chronic pain issues (I know lefty has some chronic health issues, but I don't recall if they cause pain or not, sorry). But right now I'm really hurting, and it's wearing on me. It started early last week, when for some reason my left foot starting hurting badly. I figured it's just my foot, it hurt like hell but I'd just suck it up until it got better. Well, it has gotten better, but before it did, I started getting severe back pain. It feels like a pinched nerve, running from my neck to between my shoulder blades. I've only hurt this badly once before, and I ended up missing a few weeks of work laid up.

I'm hopeful, it's been marginally better the last few days, so maybe the pinched nerve is finally ready to get back to normal. I'll happily accept any prayers from any of you who are religious, and I would love any helpful tips from anyone who's dealt with anything similar before.

I also want to let you guys know I'm not trying to ignore anyone. When I'm in a lot of pain, I sometimes avoid checking in because I know how I can get when my nerves are frayed; I get derisive, insulting, and generally snarky, and I don't want to subject anyone to that, and I like getting along with most of you. If I do slip up, I hope you'll understand that it's not you, it's me being nasty because I'm squirming in my chair, adjusting the pillow behind my back in a vain attempt to quell the pain shooting between my shoulders.
I am to metaphor cheese as metaphor cheese is to transitive verb crackers!
Butters

Re: I'm in a Lot of Pain Right Now

Postby leftyg » February 25th, 2017, 3:13 am

I would get to a doctor Butters. If you are in pain your body is trying to tell you something. I got sick as a dog on Thanksgiving about five plus years ago and went to the hospital. I had pneumonia but I also found out that I had diabetes II with an A1C of 12.2 and a 400 plus blood sugar and I had not eaten in about three days, so it was not about the twinkies. It straightened our with just not eating sugar over time. Still the pain is a sign of things like nerve damage. Now it can be a thousand other things, So get it looked at.
leftyg

Return to General Discussions