Tonight will an Indian Summer

Talk about whatever!

Tonight will an Indian Summer

Postby leftyg » November 2nd, 2016, 8:00 pm

It is warm tonight, and we call that warmth Indian summer. Nuff said! Go Tribe
leftyg

Re: Tonight will an Indian Summer

Postby leftyg » November 4th, 2016, 12:49 pm

I was wrong. I figured the fact that it was the warmest day on record in Cleveland meant the term Indian Summer had a double meaning. What was not wrong is that it was an amazing day for Cleveland and for Chicago. I was feeling bummed about the game, not that bad because the Indians had fought back so many times in the game and it was the highest rated baseball game in 25 years. And I was happy for the people of Chicago. I saw video of an old man in his 80's watching the game on TV with his son who was probably in his fifties and his reaction was taped. It was one of pure joy when the first baseman, Rizzo, squeezed the ball in his glove for the final out. To us in Cleveland it was the end, just another disappointment, but for that old man it was the end of disappointment and the beginning of a wonderful celebration for him and his city.

Chris Hays talked about it on his show on MSNBC and he used the Myth of Sisyphus by Albert Camus when Camus reminded us that the old Greek myth is about struggle and how hard it is and how it is what makes life worth living, that we should not curse our struggles but rather embrace them and remember that every time we push the rock up the hill that it will roll back to the bottom and the struggle will begin anew.
leftyg

Return to General Discussions