I have to brag a little

Talk about whatever!

I have to brag a little

Postby Scorpion » May 27th, 2016, 8:35 am

Two years ago, representatives from the Willoughby-Eastlake School of Practical Nursing held an open house for students from five school districts to visit and determine if this could be their career choice. It wasn't a career choice my daughter had really considered, but a good friend was going so she decided to go along.

After a test, an interview and delving into the students grades, teacher referrals, etc. my daughter was accepted into the program of only 25 students (her friend who wanted into the program didn't get into it).

During her junior and senior year of high school, she also attended Lakeland achieving mostly A's and earning 30 credit hours to offset her college requirements. ( It seems more school systems are offering this type of program and it seems it is a wise use of tax dollars for motivated students.)
During this time, she has been working at an eye doctors office and Wendy's.

So, this past Sunday, she graduated from high school as one of 35 valedictorians and yesterday she graduated from nursing as salutatorian. What a kid!!

Many of her friends are leaving home for college, her father and I had the talk of finances and debt and told her she and her brother(when the time comes) are covered for tuition (thanks to 18 years of saving) but it will not pay for room and board. If 'going away' is the plan, they must acquire scholarships or loans to go where they want.

Needless to say, she realized that we have a local university with a wonderful nursing program.
She will attend my alma mater......Cleveland State University

I had visited the campus with her a couple of months ago.
WHAT a transformation.
Almost makes me wish I were a college freshman again!
A man wants to have sex or he doesn't.
If he doesn't, its like trying to put a marshmallow into a parking meter.
Scorpion

Re: I have to brag a little

Postby Michaels153 » May 28th, 2016, 7:50 pm

Very nice Scorpion. She is making a great start in her life. You have a good reason to brag. :)
The Liberal Creed: Take all the money you can, from all the people you can, in all the ways that you can, for as long as you can.
Michaels153

Postby Scorpion » May 31st, 2016, 8:38 am

Michaels153 wrote:Very nice Scorpion. She is making a great start in her life. You have a good reason to brag. :)

Thanks Michaels.
One of my nieces got married Saturday. One of my cousins and her husband have been doing research at UH for 25 years or so. One of their student assistants graduated and moved on. She told my daughter there was an opening if she'd like to look into it.
It was too crazy of a night so she will have to call her to get more info.
Nice that she thought of my daughter for the opening.
A man wants to have sex or he doesn't.
If he doesn't, its like trying to put a marshmallow into a parking meter.
Scorpion

Postby Butters » August 3rd, 2016, 3:35 pm

I realize that this is late, but I'm happy for you. Feeling good about your family is one of the most underrated ingredients to happiness possible. I hope she has continued success, and that you can continue to feel pride in that.
I am to metaphor cheese as metaphor cheese is to transitive verb crackers!
Butters

Return to General Discussions