I am so done

Talk about whatever!

I am so done

Postby Scorpion » February 5th, 2015, 9:11 am

With the snow.
Getting up at 7 to dig out the apron so my daughter could get out of the drive truly sucked.
It was clear when we went to bed and the fucking plow undid our work.
I think the drivers secretly enjoy it! :twisted:
A man wants to have sex or he doesn't.
If he doesn't, its like trying to put a marshmallow into a parking meter.
Scorpion

Re: I am so done

Postby leftyg » February 7th, 2015, 8:24 pm

I got stuck in the driveway on my way home thank God. I was stuck there jockeying my car to no avail when my neighbor, one of histories great know it all's, came up to my window, so I cracked my window and he said "you know what your problem is? I said "yeah I am stuck in this mess." He replied, "you don't know what you are doing." I was tired, I had a load of groceries from Giant Eagle and I am sick of this guy insulting everybody's driving so I said loudly " don't go there now, I am in no mood for it." Now this same jerk refused to let me use his cell phone to make a 911 call last year, when I had to go to the hospital; I forgave him for that for the sake of peace in the house I live in. But I guess I shouted my response to him, and he did not like it. He knows I have heart failure, pretty bad arthritis and a short fuse when I am pissed off about something. When he walked off after this "affront to his dignity," I shouted "I never made fun of you because you can't add!" Actually, I had never had been stuck in my driveway before, and my landlord has not gotten the driveway plowed; it sets under a foot of snow.

Anyway this same jackass asked me for help with math in one of his several failed attempts to go back to college. He called upstairs and asked if I could help him with this math that was "kickin' his ass." I expected I would be helping him with algebra or statistics or something like that which I am quite good at, so I said "no problem come up," which he did. Now I was glad to help him, but when he showed me the problem he was having difficulty with, I was shocked. His math teacher, obviously a very remedial math class, asked the class to figure out how many seconds there were in a week. Now the teacher wanted the process, not necessarily the answer which is 604,800. He wanted the guy to know that you multiplied seconds by minutes and minutes by hours in a day and days times days in a week. Simple really; nobody expects anybody to come up with the answer off the top of their head, but it would be nice to understand the road you would have to take to find it. I was patient with this guy, never exasperated and very supportive. BUT he is a professional driver and quite good at it, a fact I have acknowledged on numerous occasions. I am very good with math. I probably should be teaching it in college rather than what I teach, but what I teach is infinitely more interesting in the long run to me than math. Anyway, I did not expect him to figure out the number of seconds, just that process or the road in case he would have to drive down it. In my case, I understood the road, my driveway, but did not possess the rare personal driving skills required to get out of the mess I had gotten into. While I was charitable with him and would have been understanding if his calculator broke, he was not understanding when he learned that I did not have a calculator, or the normal conditions available in my driveway, to make it back to the garage. He had to rub it in; I would have felt like a jerk doing it to him over his math, but because he was a jerk, I gave it to him.
leftyg

Postby Scorpion » February 13th, 2015, 1:58 pm

Sometimes you have to smack them upside the head for lacking a bit of comassion.
Dufus. Him, not you.
A man wants to have sex or he doesn't.
If he doesn't, its like trying to put a marshmallow into a parking meter.
Scorpion

Postby leftyg » February 14th, 2015, 6:05 pm

Thanks Scorp, we seem to agree on almost everything if it isn't about politics. and this weather is really beginning to suck!
leftyg

Postby TribefanstuckinMA » March 5th, 2015, 2:25 am

I would have run him over right after I got the car un-stuck. Jerk.

I agree about the "so tired" of the cold and snow. The only reason I'm not freezing my ass off in these extreme cold temperatures is because it's completely insulated by all the snow that rises up past it.
My happiness and success is not dependant on someone else's cooperation. It is up to me to succeed.
TribefanstuckinMA

Postby leftyg » March 20th, 2015, 2:35 pm

He is a jerk, an asshole, but they never get it, and to this day a month later he only thinks about what I did to him.
leftyg

Return to General Discussions