Old Friends and New Challenges

Talk about whatever!

Old Friends and New Challenges

Postby Butters » January 17th, 2020, 9:24 am

An old friend has caused me to look back on on this forum. I used to love posting here, and I'm not sure why I stopped.

For anyone who remembers me or would care, I have spent nearly all of my adult working in grocery stores. I don't know why, but at some point I just lost all direction in my life, and I just let life happen to me. As a result, I have ended up working a job I hate, and living in a house that has become almost unlivable.

I'm changing that now. My brother and I are leaving the jobs we hate, packing up what little we have here that is actually worth the effort to take with us, and we're moving to Maine. We've both fallen in love with the place and decided that's where we want to be. The plan is to move up there and find work (we actually have job interviews set up for next week), then look for a place to live. When we have that settled, we intend to come back to Texas and help my father load up the rest of the household belongings (such as furniture), and then bring him up with us. We're leaving tomorrow.

At 42 years old I'm finally ready to live my life instead of just letting life happen to me. I don't know what defect in me prevented me from doing this until now, but I'm finished with living in misery. It's time to be happy and make things happen.

I hope you all are doing well.
I am to metaphor cheese as metaphor cheese is to transitive verb crackers!
Butters

Re: Old Friends and New Challenges

Postby leftyg » January 17th, 2020, 7:01 pm

Butters, good to hear from you. A lot has changed since you have been gone. Glad to hear from you.
leftyg

Postby Michaels153 » January 21st, 2020, 8:22 am

Best of luck to you Butters. And once your settled down drop us a line and let us know what your doing and how your living now. Remember your always welcome here.
The Liberal Creed: Take all the money you can, from all the people you can, in all the ways that you can, for as long as you can.
Michaels153

Postby leftyg » March 7th, 2020, 2:03 pm

Butters, I am glad you are OK. I am sorry that I did not write more when you showed up. But I was concerned about you because you stopped posting. About a year and a half ago Wobbly died. The first thing I noticed is that he was not posting. When it got into the weeks, I became worried, and I looked for his obituary and found it in one of the local papers. It was his name and his age.

You were the same way. You wrote that you were not in good health and had a bunch of complaints. Then I heard no more. Then I worried because you did not post. So I threw a bottle in the ocean that is the internet and got a response. It was very gratifying to me. I hope that you call in time to time and share your Maine adventure. Today, I am going to see Call of the Wild. I do not know if the place in Maine you are is in the Wild or in a town, but I hope you are finding your adventure, sans the vicious wolfpacks and all of that. Leftyg
leftyg

Return to General Discussions