Billy Graham

Talk about whatever!

Billy Graham

Postby Michaels153 » February 22nd, 2018, 1:11 pm

It seems that it was many years ago, but I had an opportunity to work on one of Billy Graham's crusades and I volunteered. At the time I was very busy in my own church, and outside of it. I was a member of a Gideon camp outside of Cuyahoga County back then; but I want to contrast that, to a man who witnessed for our Lord in 185 countries and to an estimated 200 million people for over 50 years in his lifetime.
When the call came for volunteers, I wasn't the only one in our church that signed up. The Billy Graham organization has their own ministry program, and every volunteer goes through this program so that after the reverend completes his message, and calls out to those who wants to come to the Lord and receive Him as their personal savior, the volunteers greet those who come down from the stands, or where they are standing, and then lead these souls in their confession.
It never gets old. And though I never met Mr. Graham, It did not seem like witnessing for our Lord ever got old for him either.

I never thought of Billy Graham dying one day. That may seem odd. I saw him age before my eyes. I heard of his physical ailments and of decisions made to cut back on his activities. But then there were replays of certain crusades on television, repeat radio broadcasts on various Christian stations and it looked like and sounded like Billy Graham would go on to minister for our Lord until our Lord's second coming.

Maybe in the back of my mind I thought that God would just take Mr. Graham like Enoch. But that was not what happened.
There are no tears in Heaven, but just the thought of our Lord, standing in front of Billy, looking at him, smiling, and saying: Well done, thou good and faithful servant.
That thought, knowing how much Billy worked and hoped that others would hear those words, and now hearing those words himself.
That thought brought tears to me.
The Liberal Creed: Take all the money you can, from all the people you can, in all the ways that you can, for as long as you can.
Michaels153

Re: Billy Graham

Postby Michaels153 » February 24th, 2018, 5:31 pm

https://townhall.com/columnists/douglasmackinnon/2018/02/24/defending-billy-graham-n2453314
Defending Billy Graham
By Douglas MacKinnon |Posted: Feb 24, 2018

“Someday you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead. Don’t you believe a word of it! I shall be more alive than I am now. I will have just changed my address. I will have gone into the presence of God.”
The Liberal Creed: Take all the money you can, from all the people you can, in all the ways that you can, for as long as you can.
Michaels153

Postby hmmmmm » February 27th, 2018, 12:44 pm

That was nice Michaels. Thanks for sharing that.
The worst form of inequality, is to try to make unequal things equal ~~~~~ Aristotle

You can't cure poverty by creating more dependency ~~~~~

"Science flies you to the moon. Radical Islamists fly you in to buildings."
~~~~~ hmmmmm
hmmmmm

Postby leftyg » March 13th, 2018, 12:51 pm

growth in spendin hc.png
growth in spendin hc.png (79.87 KiB) Viewed 463 times
leftyg

Return to General Discussions