CNN's Toobin: Pam Bondi effective in showing sleazy Hunter

Discuss local, regional, state, federal, and world politics. Keep it classy, Cleveland.

CNN's Toobin: Pam Bondi effective in showing sleazy Hunter

Postby Michaels153 » January 29th, 2020, 1:52 pm

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnns-toobin-pam-bondi-effective-in-showing-how-sleazy-hunter-biden-at-burisma-was-but-other-claims-a-pack-of-lies/
CNN’s Toobin: Pam Bondi Effective in Showing How ‘Sleazy’ Hunter Biden at Burisma Was, But Other Claims a ‘Pack of Lies’
By Josh Feldman Jan 27th, 2020, 7:29 pm

One at a time. First
CNN’s Jeffrey Toobin gave Trump lawyer Pam Bondi some qualified credit for her arguments today ripping into Hunter Biden to defend President Donald Trump’s actions towards Ukraine.

“I thought Attorney General Bondi did an effective job of showing how sleazy the hiring of Hunter Biden was. I mean, there is no way to dress that up,” Toobin said. “He was given a great deal of money for a job he was unqualified for, and the only reason he got is because he was the vice president’s son.”

Go to you tube and watch Ms. Bondi's presentation.
And let me add that Ukraine had a population of about 45 million and the United States had a population of over 300 million people. Now Burisma could not find a suitable person to place on their board from their own country and they couldn't find
a suitable person anywhere else in the world where they were doing business for that position. But here in the United States where Burisma was not doing business, they found the perfect person to fill their board vacancy. After an extensive search, :roll: using the most skilled headhunters, Minute Men, and Kelly Services :roll: :roll: , they found the perfect candidate for Burisma. They found somebody who did not have an energy background, did not speak the language in Ukraine, but did have a father who was the Vice President of the United States.

Now to Mr. Toobin's uh, er, oh yeah, Mr. Toobin's "inaccuracies:"
he Trump defense’s attacks on Joe Biden were “a parade of lies. Just outrageously false in every fact, in every insinuation,” including the claims about the firing of Viktor Shokin.

The truth; is that what was said or brought out in Ms. Bondi's presentation on Joe Biden were not "a parade of lies." They were corroborated concerns brought out by a number of people and organizations. And the firing of Viktor Shokin was shown from a tape in Ms. Bondi's presentation.
The Liberal Creed: Take all the money you can, from all the people you can, in all the ways that you can, for as long as you can.
Michaels153

Re: CNN's Toobin: Pam Bondi effective in showing sleazy Hunt

Postby leftyg » January 31st, 2020, 5:36 pm

Aol Pam Bondi did was visit a rabbit hole, a red herring that has nothing to do with the Ukrainian affair. Joe Biden was thde point man for Obama, the EU and the IMF for telling Ukraine that they had to get rid of Victor Shokkin because he, Shokin, clearly was not prosecuting anyone. Yeah, Hunter Biden is sleazy, but he is not president and Trump is, and boy is he sleazy.

What are youu going to do when John Bolten's book comes out in Match? I have every confidence that the Repubs will acquit Trump. I think they will pay at the ballot box.
leftyg

Re: CNN's Toobin: Pam Bondi effective in showing sleazy Hunt

Postby Michaels153 » February 1st, 2020, 11:14 am

leftyg wrote:Aol Pam Bondi did was visit a rabbit hole, a red herring that has nothing to do with the Ukrainian affair. Joe Biden was thde point man for Obama, the EU and the IMF for telling Ukraine that they had to get rid of Victor Shokkin because he, Shokin, clearly was not prosecuting anyone. Yeah, Hunter Biden is sleazy, but he is not president and Trump is, and boy is he sleazy.

What are youu going to do when John Bolten's book comes out in Match? I have every confidence that the Repubs will acquit Trump. I think they will pay at the ballot box.

All Pam Bondi did? It was not a red herring, and it had everything to do with the Ukrainian affair because it was the Democrats assertion that the "investigation of the Bidens was solely a political hit job on Joe Biden in order to help President Trump in the next election. Pam Bondi made the rebuttal argument. And, she did it quite well. Showing the tape of deputy assistant secretary of State George Kent try to provide a reason for the closing of an investigation into Burisma where the holdings of the owner of Burisma by the United Kingdom were suddenly without a reason unfrozen said that he believed that the unfreezing of the money, and the end of the investigation, were due to a bribe. Hunter Biden remained on the board of Bursima. His college roomate Chris Heinz thought doing business with Burisma was unacceptable, and began to distance himself from his college friend and business partner - (Hunter Biden), and brought his concerns to our state department. Pam Bondi showed the email that Chris Heinz sent to the State Department:
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2014 554 PM
To: Summers, Matt <SummersMR@state.gov>; Wade,David E <WadeDE@state.gov>
Subject: Ukraine
Apparently Devon and Hunter both joined the board of Burisma and a press release went out today. I can't to speak why [ it should say, I cant speak to why] they decided to, but there was no investment by our firm in their company.

The Washington Post did an article that was shown September 23, 2019 - "The gas tycoon and the Vice President's son: The Story of Hunter Biden's foray into Ukraine. In that story, the Washington Post quoted Chris Heinz's spokesperson:
The lack of judgement in this matter was a major catalyst for Mr. Heinz ending his business relationships with Mr. Archer and Mr. Biden.

The New York Times reported that Joe Biden's son Hunter Biden undermined Joe Biden's efforts in leading the Ukraine anti-corruption efforts.
In January of 2016 a meeting between Obama administration officials and Ukrainian officials took place. According to the Ukrainian officials transcripts; The US Department of State, made it clear to the UKrainian authorities, that it was linking the one billion dollars in loan guarantees to the dismissal of prosecutor
general Victor Shogin (who is investigating Burisma, while Hunter Biden remains on their board).
During the time that Hunter Biden is on Burismas' Board, all investigations against the owner of Burisma stopped, all frozen money money of Burisma was unfrozen. And then after Hunter Biden leaves Burisma in April, he said he did not have a job from April through November of that year. Hunter Biden, who was for some reason so special he was paid more than some board members of Fortune 100 companies (at 80,000.00 + per month, for 17 months), stated he had no job after leaving Burisma for seven months.
On July 22, 2019, the Washington Post wrote: the fired prosecutor general Shokin, believes that he was ousted for his interest's in Burisma, and if he had remained on the job, he would have questioned Hunter Biden. On July 25, 2019, (three days later, after the Washington Post's article) President Trump speaks to Ukraine President Zelensky; He (President Trump says: "There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution, and a lot of people want to find out about that. So whatever you can do, with this attorney general would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution. So if you can look into it, it looks horrible to me."

As Pam Bondi reminded the Senators present, the House Managers spent 21 hours discussing Biden and Burisma and they referred to one or the other 400 times, but they never presented the full picture. Pam Bondi spent less than 31 minutes, and validated the reason President Trump asked the Ukraine President if he could look into it.

Leftyg, you said that "Shokin, clearly was not prosecuting anyone. But Shokin was investigating Burisma, and as you frequently reminded me regarding the Mueller investigation, that investigations take time. But Shokin was not given the time to do his investigation. Obama/Biden forced Ukraine to fire Shokin or forfeit the one billion dollars of guaranteed loans to their country.
As you said, "Hunter Biden is sleazy." But President Trump is not sleazy. That is a correction to your errant claim. And President Trump still has not done anything wrong as President.

What am I going to do when John Bolten's book comes out in March? I am not going to do anything about it. There is nothing to do with it. It probably has nothing of substance to offer. The president has the transcript of the telephone calls to Ukraine President Zelensky. He has the statements of Mr. Zelensky.
What he did is what is at issue. It is the actions of people that are accountable not their thoughts. And all of President Trump's actions in this and all other matters that he has been involved in as president, have been both legal and within his authority as President of the United States.
And I think, that the majority of those voting in the next election will remember that President Trump has not done anything illegal while he has been in office. And I hope, that the voters will demonstrate their understanding that the President has not done anything illegal, by voting to trust him again for another term as President.
I am also hoping, that all the lies of the Democrats against President Trump and his policies, for these past three plus years, will not be forgotten, anytime soon,

An email document makes it clear that The United States made the determination that Burisma was corrupt (during the Obama administration)
The Liberal Creed: Take all the money you can, from all the people you can, in all the ways that you can, for as long as you can.
Michaels153

Return to Politics