The Totalitarian American Left

Discuss local, regional, state, federal, and world politics. Keep it classy, Cleveland.

The Totalitarian American Left

Postby Michaels153 » October 18th, 2019, 11:13 am

https://townhall.com/columnists/davidlimbaugh/2019/10/18/the-totalitarian-american-left-n2554960
trump impeachment news network.jpg
Another name change. The same fake news.
trump impeachment news network.jpg (60.78 KiB) Viewed 41 times

https://townhall.com/columnists/davidli ... 60....From hounding conservatives out of restaurants to spitting on Trump supporters at rallies, from firing employees for politically incorrect statements to fining people for "misgendering" a person, the left is on a path toward absolutism.....The Federalist reported that venues in three North American cities -- Toronto, Brooklyn and Portland -- canceled screenings of a movie about Canadian psychologist and author Jordan Peterson because of leftist criticism....The second and third incidents I came across are further proof that the left is increasingly Stalinist. In the most recent Democratic presidential debate, Sen. Kamala Harris pushed for the suspension of President Trump's Twitter, speciously alleging that he is trying to obstruct justice and intimidate and threaten witnesses. ....The third incident involved demagogue and former Rep. Beto O'Rourke, who said in a CNN forum on LGBT issues that churches and religious organizations should lose their tax-exempt status if they oppose same-sex marriage.
[color=#FF0000] The Totalitarian American Left is not only telling you who not to listen too (Example of Jordan Peterson, who we are not to listen to, not to read his book, not to see his movie; we are told not to listen to the President of the United States, and an effort is made to silence part of his freedom to speak by seeking to have him banned from Twitter. we are told also by the Totalitarian American Left that churches and religious organizations that oppose same sex marriage should lose their tax exempt status! [in effect, if X does not agree with the Left, then X should be punished, and the Left will determine what that punishment should be.] Now to go along with what we are told we should not do, we are also prodded to listen to them. Do not listen to Fox or Conservative radio broadcasts (they say) because: Add the latest ad hominem / or company smear here. But to listen to them, is to hear non stop lies about everything and everyone they don't agree with. ABC recently presented Kentucky gun range video footage as Syrian violence.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/10/15/abc-news-airs-knob-creek-kentucky-gun-range-video-as-syria-bombing/3984400002/
Then there was Project Veritas exposing CNN for their bias driven anti-President Trump agenda.
But even with the exposure, The Totalitarian American Left continues. Vigilance for their cause, but lacking professional ethics, lacking honesty, lacking intellectual consistency, lacking logical discourse, and lacking fairness and common decency.
The Liberal Creed: Take all the money you can, from all the people you can, in all the ways that you can, for as long as you can.
Michaels153

Re: The Totalitarian American Left

Postby leftyg » October 18th, 2019, 11:51 am

Michaels, the totalitarian left is not what I subscribe to. Your problem is you lump real whack extremists on the left and in some extremely left leaning states with most Democrats and people who do, in fact, want everyone to be free to speak and act. At many conservative colleges like Oklahoma Wesleyan, where Dr. Everett Piper used to be president, they loudly say they will not tolerate ideas they do not agree with on their campuses. What makes that different?

For example, why can't I go on Bob Frantz's Facebook page and challenge his ideas, many of which are not factual? Why don't you on the right clean up your own house? There is plenty of repression of ideas on the right. And Bob Frantz, if you are listening or reading, you are more than welcome to come on here and debate me or Real or lend support to Michaels. This is an open medium that encourages all views, right, left and center without respect to their content or author.
leftyg

Postby Michaels153 » October 21st, 2019, 9:54 am

Leftyg,
I would not lump you nor others on this board with what David Limbaugh refers to as the Totalitarian Left. And like you, I do not think the majority of Democrats agree with the actions nor the talking points of this group. It is understandable that I could be characterized as lumping all Democrats under the Left leaning umbrella. My disdain for the state of California is probably well known by now, still I do not believe that you nor others on this board have to defend the actions of this or any other group. I am alarmed at what I don't see as challenges to these views. We have the debates going on with some Democrats defending each other, and there are some Democrats that do call out each other on some of these views. The right does the same. Both sides have disagreements with members of their own party on a lot of issues. And neither party waits until the primaries to express their disagreements on these issues. What I would like to see is for people to explain why some of these views are not helpful to our (or other countries) instead of merely accepting anything that comes out of someone's mouth as the exercise of free speech. When anchors present these ideas in the news, they tend to give them additional weight as if they should be taken seriously when there is no reason to if these ideas are absolutely absurd or contrary to our own constitution.
Now as to your legendary umbrage with Mr. Frantz; he has the freedom to accept and reject callers on his show. Freedom of speech does not demand nor give anyone the right to demand that they be heard. What you cant say on his broadcast you can and do say here. And, although I do not listen to Mr. Frantz, I do know that you are fair in listening to and responding to people you do not agree with here.
There are certain institutions that are not, nor should they be open to every idea. There would be no reason for choice if everything was the same. And this would not even be a topic of discussion if everybody thought alike. You and I are not advocates for political correctness as we see the harm that these practices do. Social engineering, without democratic representation is Totalitarian politics. California governor Newsom is a good example of a Totalitarian action from someone on the left.

"In November 2018, California voters defeated a statewide ballot initiative that would have extended rent control statewide. It was soundly rejected by an almost 20-point margin. Every county in the state except for San Francisco voted it down.
Even the Democrat running for governor, Gavin Newsom, indicated his opposition to the initiative. But now that he's in office, the former lieutenant governor and former mayor of San Francisco has changed his position, insisting the state must respond to the homeless problem.
Last week we learned of at least one of the actions the governor plans to take. Newsom signed a statewide rent-control law, overturning the will of the people. He followed the progressive playbook by using the homeless crisis “to do things that you could not do before.” (from Fox news: https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/jim-breslo-calif-gov-newsom-uses-homeless-crisis-to-justify-statewide-rent-control-law
The Liberal Creed: Take all the money you can, from all the people you can, in all the ways that you can, for as long as you can.
Michaels153

Postby leftyg » October 25th, 2019, 10:30 pm

Now as to your legendary umbrage with Mr. Frantz; he has the freedom to accept and reject callers on his show. Freedom of speech does not demand nor give anyone the right to demand that they be heard. What you cant say on his broadcast you can and do say here. And, although I do not listen to Mr. Frantz, I do know that you are fair in listening to and responding to people you do not agree with here.
I know that freedom of speech does not mean everybody gets to be heard, so why does the far right whine about it when they are denied the right to speak, or at least think they are? No Mr. Frantz simply lacks the brain power to take challenges, and he is a coward. Seriously, he sits behind his microphone and gives his audience the ear candy they want which is actually venomous rancor and scrupulously avoids challenges.

A talk show should be a place where people exchange ideas, especially ideas they disagree with, the way we do Michaels. If we work at it maybe we can make this site the best on in the world for that kind of exchange. I want to have good sound arguments with people that make a difference in the world we live in. The way we are all going seems to be toward our own camps where we only hear ideas we already agree with. You cannot grow like that.

I do not like the far left, and I do not like the right. Period. But I like to use facts and stay with them. I have decided that the truth is above my pay grade, and I will let fools like Dennis Prager and Bob Frantz pretend they have it. Ultimately, the joke is on them, and it becomes them. When you have to support your ideas with lies the way Bobby Frantz does, then what are you doing.

What we can work on here is not being like either extreme that we both abjure.

PS: I had lunch with an insider the other day, an employee in radio who said that Bob Frantz was practically pulled out of his chair and thrown out of WTAM for his racist diatribe at Zack Reed five years ago.
leftyg

Return to Politics