Trump trillion-dollar-plus deficits are putting America on a

Discuss local, regional, state, federal, and world politics. Keep it classy, Cleveland.

Trump trillion-dollar-plus deficits are putting America on a

Postby Mrtazeman » February 5th, 2019, 10:38 pm

I have a lot of conservative friends who said Obama was the worst president ever because he increased the deficit. But they Love Trump... Where are all the deficit hawks that were around during Obama presidency?/

Trump trillion-dollar-plus deficits are putting America on a path to fiscal ruin
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 986236002/
Real USA
Mrtazeman

Re: Trump trillion-dollar-plus deficits are putting America

Postby leftyg » February 21st, 2019, 11:23 am

Yeah, there have been crickets from Michaels on this subject. Huge deficits do not matter if you are a Republican if a Republican is in office because those "tax cuts always pay for themselves!."

And experts voting for presidents in order of their accomplishments ranked President Trump 44th of 44 presidents while lowly Obama was ranked 8th just ahead of Ronald Reagan at number nine https://www.businessinsider.com/greates ... -reagan-36 So Trump must be better than all the other presidents, and Abraham Lincoln at number one must have been worst. I am sure that is how Trump supporters view it.
leftyg

Postby Mrtazeman » July 16th, 2019, 6:23 am

If you are a true fiscal conservative and a deficit hawk like I am, then the deficit exploding should be concerning 2 u...

https://www.crfb.org/papers/analysis-cb ... 50QAvD_BwE
Real USA
Mrtazeman

Postby Mrtazeman » July 16th, 2019, 6:25 am

If you are a true fiscal conservative and a deficit hawk like I am, then the deficit exploding should be concerning 2 u...

https://www.crfb.org/papers/analysis-cb ... 50QAvD_BwE
Real USA
Mrtazeman

Postby Mrtazeman » July 17th, 2019, 11:22 pm

The federal deficit has ballooned incredibly... and suddenly, Rush Limbaugh admits it was all a sham.

A caller was mad that the deficit has ballooned the under Trump and said, "In 2019, there’s gonna be a $1 trillion dollar deficit. Trump doesn’t really care about that. He’s not really a fiscal conservative."

↓ Story continues below ↓

Report Advertisement
Limbaugh nonchalantly responded, "Nobody is a fiscal conservative anymore. All this talk about concern for the deficit and the budget has been bogus for as long as it’s been around."
Real USA
Mrtazeman

Postby Mrtazeman » July 18th, 2019, 12:07 pm

now that The federal deficit has ballooned incredibly.Rush Limbaughadmits it was all a sham.

https://crooksandliars.com/2019/07/rush ... flip-flops
Real USA
Mrtazeman

Postby Michaels153 » July 22nd, 2019, 11:56 am

Mrtazeman wrote:The federal deficit has ballooned incredibly... and suddenly, Rush Limbaugh admits it was all a sham.

A caller was mad that the deficit has ballooned the under Trump and said, "In 2019, there’s gonna be a $1 trillion dollar deficit. Trump doesn’t really care about that. He’s not really a fiscal conservative."

↓ Story continues below ↓

Report Advertisement
Limbaugh nonchalantly responded, "Nobody is a fiscal conservative anymore. All this talk about concern for the deficit and the budget has been bogus for as long as it’s been around."

Your interpretation of Mr. Limbaugh lacks two things: context and facts. That's all.
I do not know what the deficit will be for this year, but I will for the sake of of your post, accept the number given. Rush Limbaugh has said that President Trump is not really a fiscal conservative. That is Mr. Limbaugh's opinion using his own definition of what a fiscal conservative is. But if President Trump were not concerned about the deficit, why would he tell others to prepare for cuts next year?
And, if "nobody is a fiscal conservative anymore why is there any concern for the deficit?
I consider myself to be a conservative, and that would include fiscal policies as well, Yet I don't see any party making much progress in trying to control our country's debt. The Democrats scream whenever a government budget is not the same (or higher) from one year to the next) It does not matter if that department budget needs or spends their entire budget allotted to them for any fiscal year. If they do not get the same (or a higher) budget the following year, they scream about it. The Democratic Presidential contenders have been telling the public about how they plan to outspend each other. You have Democratic candidates talking about single items in their campaign that would cost by themselves over a trillion dollars. The Green Policy would cost more than a trillion dollars. The climate change policies (outside of the green policy) would cost more than a trillion dollars. Medicare for all would cost more than. Or going back to a single payer Universal care policy would cost over a trillion dollars. Eliminating the student debt for some plus free college for some would add a huge amount to our country's annual budget. A universal income or income supplement would be a huge expense to our budgetary needs. Mandating $15.00 minimum wage for all would add an additional financial burden to our economy.
So when Mr. Limbaugh says nobody is a fiscal conservative anymore, it is not hard to see how he may few people here that way. But that is not to say that our political parties are a "sham" When I pointed out here that the debt in our country had surpassed our GDP, Leftyg tried to use statistics to persuade people that that is not a concern because of the stock market.
Last edited by Michaels153 on July 22nd, 2019, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Liberal Creed: Take all the money you can, from all the people you can, in all the ways that you can, for as long as you can.
Michaels153

Postby Mrtazeman » July 22nd, 2019, 12:42 pm

Don't know why you are shocked, in an interview he said that he is a business man first and foremost that his job his to get his flock to buy from his advertisers. Cheney even said that deficits doesn't matter. A democratic actually created a budget surplus. But here is some more info for you..

https://reason.com/2019/07/18/rush-limb ... servatism/
Real USA
Mrtazeman

Postby Mrtazeman » July 22nd, 2019, 12:44 pm

Even Fox news has been playing you....

Fox Admits The Next President Must Cut The Deficit
The national debt is somebody else's worry as long as Trump is in office.

https://crooksandliars.com/2019/07/fox- ... going-have

This is why I don't go to Fox Business News for my financial information...
Real USA
Mrtazeman

Postby leftyg » July 22nd, 2019, 1:56 pm

When I pointed out here that the debt in our country had surpassed our GDP, Leftyg tried to use statistics to persuade people that that is not a concern because of the stock market.
No, I tried to teach you that if conservatives had balanced all their budgets since 1981 (and Dem presidents had spent as they did) that our debt would be about 25% of GDP. Dems create deficits so people will not starve; Repubs create deficts to give tax cuts to their donors.

Since 1989, the top one percent has added 21 trillion dollars to their net worth while the bottom 50% has lost 900 million https://www.peoplespolicyproject.org/20 ... 0-billion/ Google here https://www.google.com/search?q=Since+1 ... e&ie=UTF-8 if you want more.

The point is, our debt is largely caused by unfair tax cuts that benefit the rich. I propose confiscating all that money and paying off our debt. We can build statues that honor the rich who sacrificed for their country just like we did for young soldiers who forfeited the only asset any of us have that is truly valuable, their lives.

BTW, I do not expect you to understand that though Real surely will.
leftyg

Postby Michaels153 » July 22nd, 2019, 7:01 pm

Mrtazeman wrote:Don't know why you are shocked, in an interview he said that he is a business man first and foremost that his job his to get his flock to buy from his advertisers. Cheney even said that deficits doesn't matter. A democratic actually created a budget surplus. But here is some more info for you..

https://reason.com/2019/07/18/rush-limb ... servatism/

First of all Real, I was not shocked by the article. I agreed with Leftyg before that in total points Obama has a higher total increase in 8 years than President Trump has so far in this his first term. Next, from your out of context reference; yes President Trump is not a politician. He is a businessman, first, and a successful one at that. You tried to spin that to be a negative as in he is only interested in making money for himself. But President Trump seems to be just what this country needed at this point in time, which infuriates the lifetime DC swamp politicians. They considered themselves to be the politically elite experts, (who were not accomplishing anything), then along comes this outsider, who has managed to do (what they could not do, and President Trump has done what these so called "elites" didn't even know how to do what he did. Never minimize the seemingly obvious as secondary to success. Being "an elite insider" and having a vast amount of knowledge about a subject is not helpful if what you lack is perhaps the key piece of information that you need to act at the right time. A historical review of our presidents reveal many who were not life long politicians, but instead were successful men who knew what it took to be successful and applied what they knew to what their country needed for their term in office. Taft came from the Supreme court, Reagan was a successful actor, Eisenhower had a military background. So saying that President Trump is a business man first is only one way of looking at him, and it certainly is not a handicap for him to be an effective leader.
Now it may be that President Trump surpasses the total point stock market improvement of any president. But that would be only one achievement. In contemporary history, Clinton accomplished more (fiscally) than any other Democrat. And Obama may have hurt the economy more than any recent Democrat president. Don't forget that President Obama increased the US debt to GDP ratio by 40% from around 60% in 2009 to over 100% in 2016.
The Liberal Creed: Take all the money you can, from all the people you can, in all the ways that you can, for as long as you can.
Michaels153

Postby Michaels153 » July 22nd, 2019, 7:12 pm

And Leftyg,
Building statutes for people who have sacrificed for our country is no longer popular in this country and too easily a subject of revisionist history by partisan malcontents. We should be building Hall's of shame with the same kind of annual attention and programs that our sports halls of fame do. Have annual inductees for those considered to have been the selfish and the very worst in our society. Maybe that kind of attention will better serve as a deterrent to others so that they do not want to be compared to such people.
Michaels153

Return to Politics