Trey Gowdy is a world class hypocrite

Discuss local, regional, state, federal, and world politics. Keep it classy, Cleveland.

Trey Gowdy is a world class hypocrite

Postby leftyg » June 29th, 2018, 12:38 am

Trey Gowdy had the bald faced audacity to ask Rod Rosenstein, the DOJ official overseeing the Mueller investigation, to wrap it and come up with evidence and stop dividing Americans. His words were "if Trump has done something wrong, present it to the damn grand jury."
https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/sear ... ction=view

This from the same guy who spent millions of tax dollars on the Benghazi investigation and found absolutely nothin' https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/29/us/p ... ghazi.html But that did not stop this apolitical legislator from wasting time and spending more money on Benghazi than the house spent investigating 9/11. He spent 2.5 times as long as the Mueller team to find nothing. Meanwhile Mueller has over 20 indictments and is on his way to his second conviction all the while building a case against somebody big. But he is not saying. So nobody knows what the special council knows, probably not even Mrs. Mueller.

If Gowdy were a prosecutor worth crap he would know that this sort of case takes time to build and has every evidence of being really big. He allowed his go nowhere political witch hunt two and a half years. He is antsy about a fruitful 13 month old investigation that has real crime and real motive at the bottom of it. Oh, btw, Gowdy stopped the investigation of Clinton and Benghazi after Trump won the election. How could any rational person infer any sort of political motive from that?

Why are Gowdy and his fellow thug, Jim Jordan. so angry and so nervous?
leftyg

Re: Trey Gowdy is a world class hypocrite

Postby Mrtazeman » July 1st, 2018, 8:07 am

Lets not forget after being asked after years of investigating Hillary and repubs not finding anything illegal, Kevin McCarthy admitted it was for strategic reasons to lower her poll ratings.

Lock her up! Lmao
Real USA
Mrtazeman

Postby Michaels153 » July 1st, 2018, 1:10 pm

Trey Gowdy is an American attorney and was a former federal prosecutor for the District of South Carolina from 1994 to 2000. He served as the District Attorney for South Carolina's Seventh Judicial Circuit from 2000 to 2010. From 2014 to 2016, Mr. Gowdy chaired the United States House Select Committee on Events Surrounding the 2012 Terrorist Attack in Benghazi which was partly responsible for discovering the existence of Hilary Clinton's private email server. (Wikipedia)

On 6/29/18 in the New York Times, on page A13, there is a column written by Nicholas Fandos: "Tug of War Intensifies on Access To Inquiry." This is how Mr. Fandos introduced Mr. Gowdy: "Representative Trey Gowdy a South Carolina Republican who has been publicly supportive of the Mueller inquiry.
This was Mr. Fandos' opening paragraph to his column:
For months, their sparring had been indirect, stern letters exchanged, pointed threats traded through the news media. But on Thursday (6/28/18) the ever-intensifying skirmishes between Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein and conservative House Republicans broke into an ugly public fight.

...Representative Mark Meadows of North Carolina said:
For over eight months, they have had the opportunity to choose transparency. But they've instead chosen to withhold information and impede any effort of Congress to conduct oversight.

And later on Representative Trey Gowdy told Mr. Rosenstein,
If you have evidence of wrongdoing by any member of the Trump campaign, present it to the damn grand jury. If you have evidence that this president acted inappropriately, present it to the American people. There's an old saying that justice delayed is justice denied.

Now Leftyg commented: "Trey Gowdy, had the bald faced audacity to ask Rod Rosenstein, the DOJ overseeing the Mueller investigation, to wrap it and come up with evidence and stop dividing Americans. His words were "if Trump has done something wrong, present it to the damn grand dury."
Clearly what Mr. Fandos reported in his column and what Leftyg stated here, do not match. Mr. Fandos reported that Trey Gowdy "told Mr. Rosenstein" Leftyg said Mr. Gowdy had the bald faced audacity to ask Rod Rosenstein Mr. Fandos quoted Mr. Gowdy as saying: "If you have evidence of wrongdoing by any member of the Trump campaign, present it to the damn grand jury," Then there is a comma. After the comma Mr. Fandos quote continues: If you have evidence that this president acted inappropriately, present it to the American people." Leftyg said: "His words were "if Trump has done something wrong, present it to the damn grand jury." The differences between what Mr. Fandos reported and what Leftyg stated, are not a matter of semantics. Evidence of President Trump's campaign doing something wrong would go to a grand jury. Evidence of President Trump (as the sitting president) doing something wrong could only go to the American people through the impeachment process.

A minor observation here regarding Leftyg's choice words to describe Mr. Gowdy's statements. "bald faced audacity." Why would you even consider Mr Gowdy, who had been acknowledged by Mr. Fandos as having been publicly supportive of the Mueller inquiry, and who Wikipedia shows that Mr. Gowdy is an attorney, has been a federal prosecutor, and has previous experience in investigations, why would you consider such a person as being rude or somehow out of line with his statements to Mr. Mueller's boss? Could it be, that because Representative Gowdy has a qualifying legal background with experience in investigations he could fairly determine when evidence in an investigation should be brought to a grand jury? Could it be that his statement is not only accurate from a legal standpoint, but reasonable one?
I don't believe that it was Mr. Gowdy who originated the saying that "justice delayed is justice denied." And I don't believe that the belief in that saying is only by attorneys and others in the legal field. I believe that that a lot of people share in that belief.

Leftyg said:
This from the same guy who spent millions of tax dollars on the Benghazi investigation and found absolutely nothin
Actually the Link that Leftyg provided to substantiate this claim also comes from the New York times. That article: "House Benghazi Report Finds No New Evidence of Wrongdoing by Hillary Clinton." was By David M. Herszenhorn, and published on 6/28/2016.
As the article states, the report found "No new evidence of Wrongdoing by Hilary Clinton." There was indeed evidence of wrongdoing by Hilary Clinton including the discovery of Hilary Clinton's private email server as Wikipedia stated. From Leftyg's link: ..."The 800-page report delivered a broad rebuke of the Defense Department, the Central Intelligence Agency [b][u]and the State Department — and the officials who led them — for failing to grasp the acute security risks in Benghazi, and especially for maintaining outposts there that they could not protect. The committee, led by Representative Trey Gowdy, Republican of South Carolina, also harshly criticized an internal State Department investigation that it said had allowed officials like Mrs. Clinton, then the secretary of state, to effectively choose who would examine their actions. In addition, it included some new details and context about the night of the attacks on the American diplomatic compound[color=#FF0000] and reiterated Republicans’ complaints that the Obama administration had sought to thwart the investigation by [color=#FF0000]withholding witnesses and evidence.
" ...The report t issued stinging criticism of the overall delay in response and the lack of preparedness on the part of the government.[/color]

Leftyg said:
But that did not stop this apolitical legislator from wasting time and spending more money on Benghazi than the house spent investigating 9/11. He spent 2.5 times as long as the Mueller team to find nothing.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trey-gowdy-fbi-director-hillary-clinton-claims-2016-7
GOP Rep. Trey Gowdy reads list of Clinton statements to FBI director, who says they were all false
By Oliver Darcy Jul. 7, 2016

Rep. Trey Gowdy on Thursday read FBI Director James Comey a series of statements made by Hillary Clinton about her private email setup and asked if the agency head would say whether each were true.
"Secretary Clinton said she never sent or received classified information over her private email. Was that true?" the South Carolina Republican asked at the outset.

Comey said that statement was false. Hilary Clinton lied to the FBI

"Secretary Clinton said, 'I did not email any classified material to anyone on my email, there is no classified material.' That was true?" Gowdy asked.

"There was classified email," Comey replied. Hilary Clinton lied to the FBi, this is a second piece of evidence. This is also evidence that there was a security breech by sending classified information on her email.

Gowdy continued: "Secretary Clinton said she used just one device. Was that true?"

"She used multiple devices during the four years of her term as secretary of state," the FBI director said. This is the third statement of lying to the FBI, on record, and verified by then FBI director James Comey.

"Secretary Clinton said all work-related emails were returned to the State Department," Gowdy said.

"No," Comey replied. "We found thousands that were not returned." This is a fourth lie made by Hilary Clinton to the FBI.

Gowdy had one final question: "Secretary Clinton said her lawyers read every one of the emails and were overly inclusive. Did her lawyers read the email content individually?"

"No," Comey said. This is the fifth lie that Hilary Clinton made to the FBI.
But Leftyg said that Mr. Gowdy found absolutely nothing.

The end of the article:
Comey was on Capitol Hill testifying before Congress just days after he announced the FBI would recommend no charges be filed against Hillary Clinton in the bureau's email probe.

Attorney General Loretta Lynch formally closed the case Wednesday.
Attorney General Lynch might have well as said: Okay folks, time to move along, nothing to see here.

About Costs:
http://fortune.com/2018/12/14/mueller-investigation-cost-/
Mueller Probe Cost $25.2 Million So Far (May 2017 - November 2018)

The Budget for the 9/11 Commission totaled $15 million (September 11th Commission fast facts. By CNN Library. Updated 9/1/2017)

Trey Gowdy spent 7.8 million investigating the events surrounding the 2012 Benghazi attack. (Wikipedia)

Purpose of the Investigations:
9/11 - The Commission was created to provide a "Complete account of the circumstances surrounding the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks" (CNN)
Benghazi Investigation in Congress was a committee selected to investigate the events surrounding the 2012 terrorist attack in Benghazi. (Wikipedia)
The 2017- Present Special Counsel investigation is an ongoing United States law enforcement Investigation of Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign and any Russian interference in the election (Wikipedia)

The main contrast in these investigations is that the 9/11 Commission was set up to investigate after known crimes had occurred. The same can be said of the Benghazi investigation.
That cannot be said of Mr. Mueller's ongoing investigation where no crime(s) were identified prior to the beginning of the investigation. The Mueller probe came as a result of Hilary Clinton losing the electoral college vote and not being able to accept losing the election to be president. There is no crime in losing an election

Leftyg concludes that Mr. Gowdy is antsy about what he thinks is a fruitful 13 month old investigation. There are others, including judges, who do not agree.
Last edited by Michaels153 on March 26th, 2019, 6:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
The Liberal Creed: Take all the money you can, from all the people you can, in all the ways that you can, for as long as you can.
Michaels153

Postby leftyg » July 1st, 2018, 2:27 pm

Micheals, you must have intellectual discipline. It is a fact that the Benghazi committee resulted in no indictments which a rational person would assume. An ambassador going to a consulate in a war zone puts himself and his staff at risk. All your shouting declamations amount to nothing. The point is no indictments in a two and a half year partisan witch hunt. So when Mr Gowdy says he sees the bias, he must be talking about himself. Again stick to facts. If you have something of substance to say, you can do it with fewer caps and fewer words.

My point was that Mueller has 20 indictments and two convictions in just over a year. Nothing has come of Benghazi through nine partisan investigations by a Republican led House of Representatives committees. That is a fact; don't counter it with vacuous speculation that merely clutters the page.

Further, no rational person could find anything to charge Hillary with. My God when Reagan was president 242 American GIs died in a bombing in Beirut. A House Committee was formed and the officers in charge were found guilty of not securing the compound. President Reagan was absolved by a House with a 100 member Democratic majority. One investigation of Benghazi would have been enough if it was not for stark political motives and disingenuous actions by Republicans. Believe me there is lots of evidence against Trump, and Mueller is not saying. He is putting all his ducks in a row. When he is ready to submit his findings, I am sure Congressman Gowdy will be among the very first to know.

But these guys are scared. The House Committee is acting as a defense council for the president, and that is not their constitutional role.

For God Sakes Michaels, rein in your verbose arguments that tend to go all over the place. Deal solely with why you think Mr. Gowdy is not a hypocrite with something to hide.

And remember what Real said: the Benghazi investigation stopped after Trump was elected. Nuff said
leftyg

Postby Michaels153 » July 1st, 2018, 2:43 pm

I am so looking forward to the end of this investigation when I will return to this conversation. Is that short enough for you.
The Liberal Creed: Take all the money you can, from all the people you can, in all the ways that you can, for as long as you can.
Michaels153

Postby leftyg » July 2nd, 2018, 11:56 am

I am so looking forward to the end of this investigation when I will return to this conversation. Is that short enough for you.

Be careful what you wish for. This investigation has created 20 indictments. Again Benghazi never created one, and Trey Gowdy has the audacity to lecture Ros Rosenstein on a witch hunt? Funny, if it was not so tragic.
leftyg

Postby Mrtazeman » July 10th, 2018, 6:32 am

You could change the title to Republicans world class hypocrites. Add Mitch McConnell the list. He is trying to rush the vote and just said this
"We should evaluate this president's nominee fairly based on his or her qualifications. and we should treat the process with the respect and dignity that it deserves."
Real USA
Mrtazeman

Postby leftyg » July 10th, 2018, 9:46 pm

Real, I fear for the Republic. The right scares me.
leftyg

Postby JuicedTruth » July 11th, 2018, 11:48 am

leftyg wrote:Real, I fear for the Republic. The right scares me.

They're certainly resourceful. Despite one popular vote win in the past 28 years (by the time of next election) presidential elections, they've managed to control five court seats and hold the presidency for 12 years.

The Dems really need to turn out the vote this year if they're going to have any chance overcome the gerrymandered House. The Senate map is a challenge this year as well. I'm hopeful they at least make solid progress and build off that momentum for 2020. It's going to continue to be painful for Dems but I think the long-term prospects of putting a huge dent in the GOP is strong. The Trump presidency is a complete disaster and time will only show just how much worse it is than we can see now.
JuicedTruth

Postby leftyg » July 11th, 2018, 1:35 pm

They're certainly resourceful. Despite one popular vote win in the past 28 years (by the time of next election) presidential elections, they've managed to control five court seats and hold the presidency for 12 years.

The Dems really need to turn out the vote this year if they're going to have any chance overcome the gerrymandered House. The Senate map is a challenge this year as well. I'm hopeful they at least make solid progress and build off that momentum for 2020. It's going to continue to be painful for Dems but I think the long-term prospects of putting a huge dent in the GOP is strong. The Trump presidency is a complete disaster and time will only show just how much worse it is than we can see now.
I think what happened this morning at NATO is very telling. This man is mad. You do not make unilateral decisions about things like how much NATO pay for defense. He was mad to propose four percent for defense (which is more than what we pay) and double the amount they were mandated to do ten years ago, and he was mad to do it without the advice and consent of his advisers and Congress. I am reading The Rise and Fall of the Third Rech to get a feel for this guy and his most ardent followers.

But I digress, we have to become a full time political party and stop making it a fetish built around presidential elections and personalities every four years. We have to have game plan because the Republicans do. We have to realize what Tip O'Neill knew forty years ago, "that all politics are local." It is the only way we can get our country out of the cave we are in before the water is so high that nobody can save us.
leftyg

Postby JuicedTruth » July 11th, 2018, 2:30 pm

Way too many Democrats sat out from voting in 2016. The hope for 2018 is that they cast votes. I think Ocasio-Cortez showed how much a congressional district can shift when you turn out the vote. That needs to be repeated across the country in the general elections in November.
JuicedTruth

Postby leftyg » July 11th, 2018, 4:17 pm

Way too many Democrats sat out from voting in 2016. The hope for 2018 is that they cast votes. I think Ocasio-Cortez showed how much a congressional district can shift when you turn out the vote. That needs to be repeated across the country in the general elections in November.
If we can ignite the poor and disadvantaged in urban areas that might help solve the problem. The problem has been that they do not vote in congressional elections. And they have as much to gain by voting Democratic as the top one per cent has to gain voting Republican.

The late Gore Vidal once said that other than the wealthy and the business class, only blacks vote their self interest. I think we can add Latinos and Asians to that (ie anybody who looks a little different.) People have to see elections in May as important as elections in November and elections in odd years or elections in odd years as important as elections in even years.
leftyg

Postby JuicedTruth » July 11th, 2018, 5:35 pm

Trump has also been very bad to Hispanics and his racism against Hispanics and blacks should also help motivate those voters.
JuicedTruth

Postby Michaels153 » July 11th, 2018, 7:36 pm

Mrtazeman wrote:You could change the title to Republicans world class hypocrites. Add Mitch McConnell the list. He is trying to rush the vote and just said this
"We should evaluate this president's nominee fairly based on his or her qualifications. and we should treat the process with the respect and dignity that it deserves."

I see that you haven't laughed long enough.
Where is it written how long a SCOTUS pick is supposed to take? And what study has proven that you can't evaluate a nominee and vote on that nominee in X amount of time? Are you of the belief that a person can not multi-task? It might be a different story if the SCOTUS nominee had no background but that is not the case here. It may be a different story if your side were actually honest about doing their job instead of just opposing anyone that President Trump nominates. And since your party previously said that it would oppose X nominee, when no nominee had been named, it is apparent that it did not matter who the President nominated. So the only hypocrites here are you and the rest of your party.
Last edited by Michaels153 on July 13th, 2018, 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michaels153

Postby Michaels153 » July 11th, 2018, 8:27 pm

[/quote] I think what happened this morning at NATO is very telling. I think your reaction is very telling. This man is mad. No. This President is right about everything he said at NATO. And the Left said the same things years ago.
https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2013/04/23/has-nato-outlived-its-usefulness/time-for-the-united-states-to-leave-nato
Time For the United States to Leave NATO By Andrew J Bacevich 9/16/2013
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5942109/Donald-Trump-RIGHT-Germany-imports-70-cent-gas-Russia.html
Donald Trump is RIGHT: Germany imports 70 percent of its gas from Russia in a controversial deal that has enriched its former Chancellor and it will soon receive even MORE - but the US could step in.
By GEORGE MARTIN FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 10:09 EDT, 11 July 2018 |

You do not make unilateral decisions about things like how much NATO pay for defense. But President Trump is not making a unilateral decision about what the NATO countries do. They have already agreed to pay a percentage of their own GDP on military defense. He has pointed out that many of them are not keeping their own commitments to do this. It is true that many of these countries could do more than what they previously agreed upon. Singularly, none of these countries pay/ contribute more to their own military as the United States. That is understood. But as a group, the EU could match the military resources they feel they might need without the United States. But NATO has come to rely much too much upon the United States and their resources, and their history, and today they take the United States presence and service for granted. If NATO were current in their commitments, I believe Trump would have praised them for it. And if he thought at that time that there was a need for more military resources he probably would have asked for them to do more. I don't know what each country in NATO could afford to do, but when you realize that even as a percent of GDP, their contributions are but a fraction of what we bring, and the cost just to bring our military to these battlefronts could probably be more than some of the countries singular costs for their own military budget. And that cost is not even a consideration when these discussions of military commitments are made. Whatever the costs were assumed in the number of national commitments ten years ago, just think of the military advancements by some countries since that time. Ten years ago did anybody have hypersonic missiles? Why don't you read the Constitution, the Bible, and the History of the United States if you want to understand us?
Michaels153

Postby JuicedTruth » July 12th, 2018, 8:05 am

Where is it written how long a SCOTUS pick is supposed to take? And what study has proven that you can't evaluate a nominee and vote on that nominee in X amount of time? Are you of the belief that a person can not multi-task?

They are hypocrites because they want to get the vote through before the mid-terms if they think there is a good chance he'll pass the vote, yet did not even allow Obama's pick to get a hearing, with the excuse that an election was coming up. Obama nominated Garland in March of an election year. Trump nominated his guy in July, nearly four months later in the election cycle.

At this point, the argument over presidential election vs. mid-term election is pretty futile and probably not worth having. The Republicans did this in 2016 and the Democrats should absolutely do it this year since there is a some chance of them flipping the Senate. They don't have the power the Republicans did in 2016, but it's close enough that if they stick together, a few moderate Republicans could join them if a strong enough case is made against Kavanaugh.
JuicedTruth

Postby Michaels153 » July 12th, 2018, 1:17 pm

JuicedTruth wrote:
Where is it written how long a SCOTUS pick is supposed to take? And what study has proven that you can't evaluate a nominee and vote on that nominee in X amount of time? Are you of the belief that a person can not multi-task?

They are hypocrites because they want to get the vote through before the mid-terms - So. if they think there is a good chance he'll pass the vote, That is an if that neither the Republicans nor the Democrats are assured of. To delay the vote until after the midterm elections, brings up the agrument to delay the vote until after the presidential elections. From the Democrats viewpoint, every year is an election year. yet did not even allow Obama's pick to get a hearing, with the excuse that an election was coming up. That argument, or variations of that argument has been used by both parties. But regardless of the political party making the argument, it still comes down to the President nominates and the Senate goes thru the confirmation process. Personally, I am not in favor of lenghty delays in the replacement of any judge for any court, and I still find it ridiculous that you and I can basically make a decision who to vote for, for any office, in a week or less
But Congress can't do the same without a lengthy theatrical production. We can use a copy of the League of Women voters' guide to an election, But they need to sift through thousands of papers and parse each word before they can make a decision
Obama nominated Garland in March of an election year. Trump nominated his guy in July, nearly four months later in the election cycle.

At this point, the argument over presidential election vs. mid-term election is pretty futile and probably not worth having. I agree.The Republicans did this in 2016 and the Democrats should absolutely do it this year since there is a some chance of them flipping the Senate. They don't have the power the Republicans did in 2016, but it's close enough that if they stick together, a few moderate Republicans could join them if a strong enough case is made against Kavanaugh.

Since we can't stop this production, I am just hoping for an honest presentation from both sides regarding the merits or misgivings on this nominee. But unfortunately, your Democrats have begun the "Borking" process already with claims that this nominee is going to cost millions of lives."
Michaels153

Postby leftyg » July 12th, 2018, 1:28 pm

This from the BBC
Reality Check verdict: Germany relies on Russia for most of its imports of natural gas. But gas makes up less than 20% of Germany's energy mix for power production.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44794688
So 70% times 20 per cent =7X.2= 14% of energy needs, a point that Trump ignores.
leftyg

Postby Michaels153 » July 13th, 2018, 5:19 am

leftyg wrote:This from the BBC
Reality Check verdict: Germany relies on Russia for most of its imports of natural gas. But gas makes up less than 20% of Germany's energy mix for power production.
So 70% times 20 percent =7X.2= 14% of energy needs, a point that Trump ignores.
That had nothing to do with the criticism.

President Trump criticized Germany's deal with Russia. He did not criticize Germany for getting gas from Norway. The criticism was about being in NATO and seeing Russia as a threat, and then going to Russia and making a business deal that is not in line with NATO guidelines. The world was pretty concerned about North Korea's missile tests. Do you think it would have made sense for people to criticize North Korea's missile program and then make a deal to sell rocket parts to North Korea? If the former German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder is criticized for taking a job with Gazprom, the state-run Russian gas company. Then it is not difficult to see why Angela Merkel is being criticised for going along with this arrangement with Russia.
Michaels153

Postby leftyg » July 13th, 2018, 1:23 pm

What are you talking about? I went to the link, and it was about Russia sending natural gas to Germany.

This is what Trump said about Russia
"Germany is totally controlled by Russia because they will be getting from 60% to 70% of their energy from Russia and a new pipeline."

President Trump criticized Germany's deal with Russia. He did not criticize Germany for getting gas from Norway. The criticism was about being in NATO and seeing Russia as a threat, and then going to Russia and making a business deal that is not in line with NATO guidelines. The world was pretty concerned about North Korea's missile tests. Do you think it would have made sense for people to criticize North Korea's missile program and then make a deal to sell rocket parts to North Korea? If the former German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder is criticized for taking a job with Gazprom, the state-run Russian gas company. Then it is not difficult to see why Angela Merkel is being criticised for going along with this arrangement with Russia.
And yet Monday President Trump is going to have a one on one with Vladimir Putin after the Justice Department indicted 12 more Russians, and dollars will get you donuts that he does not confront Putin about those 12 indictments against Russian military officers in the hacking of the 2016 presidential election that came down as I write these words. He may say he did, but there will be no one there to verify it. Besides it may well be a meeting of two co-conspirators.

Another note: this thread was supposed to be about Trey Gowdy's hypocrisy. I would add to it his and his party's partisan bias. The Russia investigation is a powerful tool and yesterday Gowdy's committee, a guy who made a mistake, but not a criminal one, of sending an email to his lover about his dislike for President Trump. It showed a bias, and he lost his position on the Mueller team which was correct. And in that same vein, Gowdy should have never investigated Hillary on Benghazi because of his bias. BTW, I am biased; you are biased; all of us are biased. But it is like the kettle calling the pot black when they attacked Strzok.

And today it is all vindicated. There are now 33 indictments in the Mueller investigation (none for Benghazi). This should not be about partisan rancor; this should be about protecting the country which Mueller and his team are doing. It is time Trey Gowdy and Donald Trump got on board with that. It is time for Donald Trump to call off his summit with Vladimir Putin. If not, the charge that Republicans are in the pocket of the Russian effort to disrupt our democracy will be validated.
leftyg

Postby Mrtazeman » July 14th, 2018, 9:36 am

Its funny how the republicans are stating that the President shouldn't be dealing with investigations while he is running the country. Trey Gowdy threatened Americans during the election by stating that if Hillary wins he will investigate for the next four years and nothing won't get done...
Real USA
Mrtazeman

Postby leftyg » July 14th, 2018, 10:40 am

Its funny how the republicans are stating that the President shouldn't be dealing with investigations while he is running the country. Trey Gowdy threatened Americans during the election by stating that if Hillary wins he will investigate for the next four years and nothing won't get done...
That is all part of their rancorous hypocrisy. I think what we saw the other day with Strzok was a gang that simply could not think straight, that could not ask intelligent questions and could only scold and name call. I thought Trey Gowdy was, at least, smart. Hell he is as dumb as Bob Frantz.
leftyg

Postby Michaels153 » July 14th, 2018, 2:08 pm

leftyg wrote:

What are you talking about? I went to the link, and it was about Russia sending natural gas to Germany.
Hey jerk, where did I post "That had nothing to do with the criticism? Go ahead look again. That's right, I put it directly under "So 70% times 20 percent = 7X 2 = 14% of energy needs.

And yet Monday President Trump is going to have a one on one with Vladimir Putin That's right. Who said: "Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate."It was John F. Kennedy who said that. And why should President Trump delay or cancel such a meeting, and for how long? What if something else comes up at the next planned meeting? Should the next planned meeting be delayed or cancel as well. Is that the Progressive answer to resolving a problem? - not to talk to the person who is either part of the problem or a possible source for a solution?after the Justice Department indicted 12 more Russians, and dollars will get you donuts that he does not confront Putin about those 12 indictments against Russian military officers in the hacking of the 2016 presidential election that came down as I write these words. He may say he did, but there will be no one there to verify it. And you will not be there and able to deny it either. Besides it may well be a meeting of two co-conspirators. Or it may be a meeting of the leaders of two countries.

Another note: this thread was supposed to be about Trey Gowdy's hypocrisy. Which you can't prove, and failed to show (that he is a hypocrite, nor that he acted in a hypocritical manner.)I would add to it his and his party's partisan bias. The Russia investigation is a powerful tool and yesterday Gowdy's committee, a guy who made a mistake, but not a criminal one, of sending an email to his lover about his dislike for President Trump. It showed a bias, and he lost his position on the Mueller team which was correct. And in that same vein, Gowdy should have never investigated Hillary on Benghazi because of his bias. BTW, I am biased; you are biased; all of us are biased. But it is like the kettle calling the pot black when they attacked Strzok. By that type of reasoning, how is anything to be investigated? The fact of the matter is that this investigation and the IG report has uncovered individuals who broke policies, and the law. It has uncovered the unequal application of the law in dealing with HIlary Clinton, including the lack of indictments to her crimes. But there still is a chance (though a very small one) that HIlary Clinton will be indicted for various crimes that were exposed as a result of what we have found through the actions of people working with Mr. Mueller.

And today it is all vindicated. Today, President Trump and his campaign members were vindicated - AGAIN. There are now 33 indictments in the Mueller investigation,We will see just how many convictions result of these indictments (none for Benghazi Well, none so far, the corruption exposed thus far may result in Ms. Clinton going to trial and answering for her actions under the law.). This should not be about partisan rancor; this should be about protecting the country which Mueller and his team are doing. It is time Trey Gowdy and Donald Trump got on board with that. It is time for Donald Trump to call off his summit with Vladimir Putin. That would seem to President Kennedy to be the wrong response. If not, the charge that Republicans are in the pocket of the Russian effort to disrupt our democracy will be validated.[color=#FF0000]No, it wont. President Trump has already demonstrated that he will fight for our country, and he has also demonstrated that he is not afraid of [color=#FF0000]Putin, Russia, or anybody else.[/color][/color][/quote]
Michaels153

Postby leftyg » July 14th, 2018, 11:01 pm

I wrote:

Hey jerk, where did I post "That had nothing to do with the criticism? Go ahead look again. That's right, I put it directly under "So 70% times 20 percent = 7X 2 = 14% of energy needs.
I was simply trying to put the problem in its proper context and not defer to Trumps hyperbolic lying.

You write in the middle of my post after I had mentioned that Trump would be meeting with Putin:
That's right. Who said: "Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate."It was John F. Kennedy who said that. And why should President Trump delay or cancel such a meeting, and for how long? What if something else comes up at the next planned meeting? Should the next planned meeting be delayed or cancel as well. Is that the Progressive answer to resolving a problem? - not to talk to the person who is either part of the problem or a possible source for a solution?
No the answer is not to talk to the person alone with nobody else there. We really do not know what is going on between Putin and Trump. Even if Trump does not owe Putin in some way, he simply is not sophisticated enough to deal with a trained KGB agent.

I try to steer the conversation back to Trey Gowdy and his hypocrisy a bit, and our resident Sean Hannity says:
Which you can't prove, and failed to show (that he is a hypocrite, nor that he acted in a hypocritical manner.
) I do not prove it or show it; Gowdy does. He leads an utterly pointless investigation of Benghazi for two and one half years and finds nothing, and stops only (miracle of miracles) when Donald Trump is elected president in a dark miracle, leading what was obviously a partisan witch hunt which produced not one indictment. Then he complains about the Mueller probe which at that point had created 20 indictments and about five convictions in one year. Gowdy whined for the government to wrap it up and called it partisan If you do not get that then you do not get much.

By that type of reasoning, how is anything to be investigated? The fact of the matter is that this investigation and the IG report has uncovered individuals who broke policies, and the law. It has uncovered the unequal application of the law in dealing with HIlary Clinton, including the lack of indictments to her crimes. But there still is a chance (though a very small one) that HIlary Clinton will be indicted for various crimes that were exposed as a result of what we have found through the actions of people working with Mr. Mueller.
What crime did Hillary commit? Mr Meuller seems focused on crimes done to Hilllary. God you people are Johnny one notes.

Then you audace to write Today, President Trump and his campaign members were vindicated - AGAIN. When and how?
When you respond to Benghazi your write:
Well, none so far, the corruption exposed thus far may result in Ms. Clinton going to trial and answering for her actions under the law.
My God there have been nine investigations of this nothing burger. Look, the deaths of those diplomats and security staff were tragic, but not uncommon. And this was in no way Mrs. Clinton's fault. Trump however may be in some really serious trouble, your flawed thinking aside.
leftyg

Postby Michaels153 » July 15th, 2018, 1:40 pm

leftyg wrote:I wrote:
No the answer is not to talk to the person alone with nobody else there. We really do not know what is going on between Putin and Trump. Even if Trump does not owe Putin in some way, he simply is not sophisticated enough to deal with a trained KGB agent. President Trump may not fit your model of a sophisticated diplomat, but many people already have already acknowledge how impressed they have been after meetings with him. Now being impressed is a subjective characterization just as being sophisticated is. Was President Obama in your view a sophisticated diplomat? Was President Obama successful in his dealings with Mr. Putin? There are more advantages in one on one meetings than in group meetings when it comes to problem solving. At least from a psychological viewpoint. Mr. Putin poses a considerable challenge in pursuing any solution that he feels would not look favorably on him or on Russia. I don't believe that Mr. Putin would agree to extradite any of the defendants named in Mr. Mueller's latest indictment.
I also don't believe that Mr. Putin will do anything to stop the kind of cyber mischief that has been going on regardless of who is being targeted. What I think can be done is a straightforward approach to Mr. Putin informing him of how the United States will respond to the present and ongoing situation. And that would include how the present situation impedes upon developing a positive relationship between both of our countries.

I try to steer the conversation back to Trey Gowdy and his hypocrisy a bit, and our resident Sean Hannity says:
Which you can't prove, and failed to show (that he is a hypocrite, nor that he acted in a hypocritical manner.
) I do not prove it or show it; Gowdy does. Bull.He leads an utterly pointless investigation of Benghazi for two and one half years and finds nothing, Wrong again. He led what has been considered a necessary and expected action when the deaths of Americans are concerned, like the 9/11 commission actions were done. Mr. Gowdy did what he was expected to do. Congress is limited to what it does. If prosecution is not recommended by the State department or the justice department then any findings from any investigation do not proceed any further.and stops only (miracle of miracles) when Donald Trump is elected president in a dark miracle, leading what was obviously a partisan witch hunt which produced not one indictment. That the Benghazi investigation did not result in an indictiment is a fact. Do not imply that the lack of an indictment means that no crime was committed, nor does it mean that the rule of law was followed. And more information from Mr. Mueller's previous FBI investigators may result in reopening the previous investigation similar to reopening the murder of Emmett Till. Another possibility is that new information may result in opening a different type of investigation into HIllary ClintonThen he complains about the Mueller probe which at that point had created 20 indictments and about five convictions in one year. Gowdy whined for the government to wrap it up and called it partisan If you do not get that then you do not get much. What I "get" is that you and I are limited in our knowledge of the law compared to Mr. Gowdy and Mr. Mueller. I give Mr. Gowdy the benefit of the doubt when he said that Mr. Mueller should wrap it up, especially when he disagreed with others who at an earlier time thought that the investigation should have been wrapped up. Something changed in Mr. Gowdy's view between then and now that led him to his present belief. You and your ilk think that Mr. Gowdy is "antsy" and nervous, and fearful that Mr. Mueller has either found or is getting close to finding the "smoking gun" that you are hoping for. I don't believe there is the "smoking gun" that you are hoping for. I don't believe that there is evidence of Collusion, nor Obstruction of justice here. And it is not just my opinion. There are others in the legal profession who believe the same thing.

[/color]
What crime did Hillary commit?

1) Hillary Clinton broke law with private email server
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/05/26/inspector_general_clinton_broke_law_private_email_server/
A report by the US State Department's Office of the Inspector General (OIG) has found presidential wannabe Hillary Clinton did breach record-keeping laws - by using a personal server for work emails.

"Secretary Clinton should have preserved any Federal records she created and received on her personal account by printing and filing those records with the related files in the Office of the Secretary," the OIG report states.

"At a minimum, Secretary Clinton should have surrendered all emails dealing with Department business before leaving government service and, because she did not do so, she did not comply with the Department's policies that were implemented in accordance with the Federal Records Act."

During her time in office the State Department had rules that any personal email systems have to be checked out for security, but Clinton didn't take advantage of this. When two staff members questioned the security of her email system they were told that the server had been reviewed and approved and that they should "never to speak of the Secretary's personal email system again."

2) Hillary Clinton lied to the FBI
http://www.businessinsider.com/trey-gowdy-fbi-director-hillary-clinton-claims-2016-7
(*This reference appears earlier in this thread.)
Mr. Michael Flynn faces a maximum sentence of five years in prison according to Federal Sentencing guidelines for lying to the FBI

3) Hillary Clinton mishandled classified information that was found on her server in violation of the Espionage Act, codified at section 793 of Title 18, U.S. Code) It is a felony to mishandle classified information.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/05/james-comey-fbi-director-hillary-clinton-no-criminal-intent-email-classified-information/
General Petraeus was sentenced for mishandling classified materials. He was given two years probation and a $100,000.00 fine.

4) Destruction of Government Property
https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/clinton-private-server-was-effectively-federal-property/
Clinton claims that she's done nothing wrong. But we know she sent and received information on her private email that was classified at the time it was moved.

She also claims that the email and server were personal. That position was enough for her to justify deleting 30,000 emails that she said were personal and wipe the server clean, because, the narrative says, it's her private property....What we have, then, is Clinton admitting that she destroyed federal records. She deleted 30,000 emails from a server that had become government property and wiped it clean.

The U.S. criminal resource manual says anyone guilty of destruction of government property "is subject to a fine of up to $250,000, 10 years imprisonment, or both."

4b. https://www.wired.com/2016/09/actually-clinton-destroyed-phones-better/
...If Clinton had in fact used a federally-issued Blackberry like President Obama does, it might well have been destroyed after she used it, too. In accordance with a 2012 General Services Administration bulletin, all agencies must either recycle or donate used electronics for reuse. The State Department abides by that policy, too; if Clinton had been using State-issued devices, they would have gone through a similar, if more standardized, process of data deletion. A State Department official explained in a statement to WIRED that "department security policies mandate that all electronic devices are cleared of sensitive or classified information prior to reuse or disposal.” Some devices are wiped and reused, in other words, while others are destroyed as part of the recycling process.
And, if her devices were not Government issued, but were used to receive work related emails, copy of emails, or work instructions, then those record logs by regulation of the Federal Records Act, become government property and are supposed to kept.

5) Obstruction of Justice
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/09/us/politics/hillary-clinton-emails-investigation.html
WASHINGTON - A computer specialist who deleted Hillary Clinton's emails despite orders from Congress to preserve them was given immunity by the Justice Department during its investigation into her personal email account, according to a law enforcement official and others briefed on the investigation.
Republicans have called for the department to investigate the deletions, but with the immunity deal with the specialist, Paul Combetta, makes it unlikely that the request will go far. Representative Jason Chaffetz of Utah, the top Republican on the House oversight committee, asked the Justice Department on Tuesday to investigate whether Mrs. Clinton, her lawyers, or the specialist [b]obstructed justice when the emails were deleted in March 2015[/b....A lawyer for Mr. Combetta and a spokesman for the Justice Department declined to comment.
Five days later, Mr. Chaffetz - who has led the charge in raising questions about the F.B.I.'s decision - asked prosecutors to investigate whether Mrs. Clinton had lied to Congress about her email account in testimony in October before the special committee investigating the 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya. That request has been met with silence from the Justice Department.
Michaels153

Postby leftyg » July 15th, 2018, 4:57 pm

Michaels, you certainly are wasting a lot of energy on shooting a dead horse. The fact is nine investigations into Benghazi proved nothing which makes Trey Gowdy's whining about the highly productive and necessary investigation into efforts to hack our presidential election beyond hypocrisy maybe into the region of the traitorous. Both parties should be shoulder to shoulder trying to find out everything they can about the election hack; instead one party wants to stop the investigation, even though it has been fruitful.

I remember when Tom Hayden (Robert Duvall) tells Michael Coroleone (Al Pacino) that "I always thought it would be Clemenza" when Tessio (Abe Vagoda) asks for a meeting in Brooklyn that will be Michael's death. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=I+ ... ORM=VRDGAR (2:40-3:35)

Well isn't it ironic that it is the Republicans that are selling the country down the river and that the meet with Putin may be the end of our democracy and our freedom, or lead to it. I notice you do not talk about the new indictments, or the mounting evidence, or the fact that Trump tried to form a cyber unit with Russia to stop the hacking https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=I+ ... ORM=VRDGAR You Michaels may be an unwitting traitor and not even know it.

And your delusional hatred of Hillary Clinton will be your downfall. Just think about this from your buddy from, July 27, 2016: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/t ... r-accounts
leftyg

Postby Michaels153 » July 16th, 2018, 1:49 pm

leftyg wrote:Michaels, you certainly are wasting a lot of energy on shooting a dead horse. Did you not say:
What crime did Hillary commit? So I wasted a lot of energy responding to you?
Both parties should be shoulder to shoulder trying to find out everything they can about the election hack; I agree, both parties should be trying to find out everything they can about the election hack. So why did Hillary Clinton claim that her server was hacked but refused to let the FBI examine her server? instead one party wants to stop the investigation, even though it has been fruitful. The only thing that has been "fruitful" about this investigation is the latest indictment which I must say is a brilliant piece of detective work.
It is also the kind of work we believed was the type or standard we would expect to see of the FBI. But even from the link you provided, this is what Rod Rosenstein said:
Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said no Americans knew they were communicating with Russians in this indictment and he had no evidence that the outcome of the election was affected.
It just seems that if Mr. Mueller were assigned to investigate the Benghazi attacks, he still would be doing that now.[ /quote]
Well isn't it ironic that it is the Republicans that are selling the country down the river and that the meet with Putin may be the end of our democracy and our freedom, or lead to it. Hey Chicken Little, drop the hyperbole. The sky is not falling. You and the Left say that with every step that President Trump makes. You and the Left have become the boy who cried wolf. Your braying in the wind ad nauseamI notice you do not talk about the new indictments, You did not notice that I responded already to Juiced Truth's quote from the latest indictment. What Juiced did not mention was that in the indictments there are references to hacking into Republican files as well. And there was the reference that they only thought that Mr. Trump had a 25% chance of winning. And that they were more interested in Hillary vs. Bernieor the mounting evidence,The mounting evidence? Please, the presentation of the materials thus far lead away from our country to Russia. or the fact that Trump tried to form a cyber unit with Russia to stop the hacking https://www.bing.com/videos/search? The link did not work, I have no idea what you are referring to.
q=I+always+thought+it+would+be+Clemenza&&view=detail&mid=DF7506CF3FAC9289F6FCDF7506CF3FAC9289F6FC&&FORM=VRDGAR You Michaels may be an unwitting traitor and not even know it. Leftyg please stay away from the hookah lounge, or at least dont try to post material here while your at the lounge.

And your delusional hatred of Hillary Clinton will be your downfall. Just think about this from your buddy from, July 27, 2016: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/t ... r-accounts
From your own link: Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said no Americans knew they were communicating with Russians in this indictment and he had no evidence that the outcome of the election was affected.
Because you and the Left do not have a sense of humor, you look at what President Trump said, and what followed as proof of the criminal behavior and the collusion that you are looking and hoping for. It was a joke. That is all that it was.
Michaels153

Postby leftyg » July 16th, 2018, 2:23 pm

No the Hillary email and Benghazi investigation are boy cried wolf material. You see you are as dyed in the wool as any of Trump's sheeple I have ever encountered. He chose to attack Hillary Clinton rather than address Russian collusion. He sided with Vladimir Putin against his own intelligence agencies. That is plain stupid and shows what an idiot Trump is. He was in way over his head with Putin.

There is far more evidence against Trump and his collusion with Moscow than anything with Hillary Clinton This is what Elijah Cummings asked then FBI director James Comey was told that only three emails in over 30 thousand had a (C) on them and in all three instances the (C) was misplaced and not classified. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=El ... ORM=VRDGAR (Go to the first two minutes) So there were no classified emails and yet you make a big fuss about it

And as to Benghazi, the king of all nothing burgers, nie investigations reveal nothing, no guilt for Hillary. I am sure you will find some nut at InfoWars will say something else.

BUT Trump all but kisses Putins ass; throws his own intelligence agency under the bus.

You write:
From your own link: Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said no Americans knew they were communicating with Russians in this indictment and he had no evidence that the outcome of the election was affected.
That is not the point. The point is was there communication? Spies are good at getting people's confidence. This should be explored. And for God Sake stop saying Hillary Hillary!
leftyg

Postby JuicedTruth » July 16th, 2018, 3:15 pm

So why did Hillary Clinton claim that her server was hacked but refused to let the FBI examine her server?

You don't know basic facts of this case:

1) Her server wasn't hacked. People attempted to hack it, but were unsuccessful.

2) The FBI did examine her server.
JuicedTruth

Postby Michaels153 » July 16th, 2018, 3:19 pm

Source?
Michaels153

Postby leftyg » July 16th, 2018, 4:06 pm

leftyg

Postby JuicedTruth » July 16th, 2018, 6:21 pm

Source?

Reality.

AKA not Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Breitbart, and whatever other fake news sites you read.
JuicedTruth

Postby leftyg » July 16th, 2018, 10:06 pm

AKA not Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Breitbart, and whatever other fake news sites you read.
Finally they are being exposed for what they are. Trump is a Manchurian Candidate. He got pissed on by a hooker in Moscow and Putin has been pissin on him ever since. We have a traitor in the White House.
leftyg

Postby leftyg » July 17th, 2018, 4:27 pm

This from John McCain:
“Today’s press conference in Helsinki was one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory. The damage inflicted by President Trump’s naiveté, egotism, false equivalence, and sympathy for autocrats is difficult to calculate. But it is clear that the summit in Helsinki was a tragic mistake.

“President Trump proved not only unable, but unwilling to stand up to Putin. He and Putin seemed to be speaking from the same script as the president made a conscious choice to defend a tyrant against the fair questions of a free press, and to grant Putin an uncontested platform to spew propaganda and lies to the world.

“It is tempting to describe the press conference as a pathetic rout – as an illustration of the perils of under-preparation and inexperience. But these were not the errant tweets of a novice politician. These were the deliberate choices of a president who seems determined to realize his delusions of a warm relationship with Putin’s regime without any regard for the true nature of his rule, his violent disregard for the sovereignty of his neighbors, his complicity in the slaughter of the Syrian people, his violation of international treaties, and his assault on democratic institutions throughout the world.

“Coming close on the heels of President Trump’s bombastic and erratic conduct towards our closest friends and allies in Brussels and Britain, today’s press conference marks a recent low point in the history of the American Presidency. That the president was attended in Helsinki by a team of competent and patriotic advisors makes his blunders and capitulations all the more painful and inexplicable.

“No prior president has ever abased himself more abjectly before a tyrant. Not only did President Trump fail to speak the truth about an adversary; but speaking for America to the world, our president failed to defend all that makes us who we are—a republic of free people dedicated to the cause of liberty at home and abroad. American presidents must be the champions of that cause if it is to succeed. Americans are waiting and hoping for President Trump to embrace that sacred responsibility. One can only hope they are not waiting totally in vain.”
leftyg

Postby Michaels153 » July 18th, 2018, 9:40 am

JuicedTruth wrote:
So why did Hillary Clinton claim that her server was hacked but refused to let the FBI examine her server?

You don't know basic facts of this case: Oh but I do JuicedTurth.

1) Her server wasn't hacked. People attempted to hack it, but were unsuccessful. False.

Leftyg's source is an article in the Washington Post by Karen De Young dated July 5, 2016. The title of that article: No evidence Clinton's email was hacked by foreign Powers, but it could have been."
Now JuicedTruth (and Leftyg), No evidence Clinton's email was hacked by foreign Powers, but it could have been. (?) ! Then what kind of "evidence" would that be - imaginary?
The FBI investigation into Hillary Clinton’s private email server found no evidence that her communications were hacked while she was secretary of state, but it made clear that “hostile actors” here and abroad could have done so.

Clinton “used her personal email extensively while outside of the United States,” FBI Director James B. Comey said, including “in the territory of sophisticated adversaries.”

It was “possible” that they accessed her account, he said. But “given the nature of the system and the actors potentially involved, we assess we would be unlikely to see such direct evidence.”
Remember Mr. Comey's words here: "we would be unlikely to see such direct evidence." Now lets contrast this statement with the IG report.
source: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/06/20/marc-thiessen-overlooked-bombshell-ig-report.html

According to the inspector general, a special review of the Clinton email investigation in 2017 by the Office to the FBI's Inspection Division (INSD) found that, before Comey's 2016 statement, "the FBI ... successfully determined classified information was improperly stored and transmitted on Clinton's email server, and classified information was compromised by unauthorized individuals, to include foreign governments or intelligence services, via cyber intrusion or other means."

The initial draft of Comey's 2016 statement said it was "reasonably likely" that hostile actors had gained access to Clinton's private email account. Moreover, the inspector general quotes FBI agent Peter Strzok as commenting on that "It is more accurate to say we know foreign actors obtained access to some of her emails (including at least one Secret one) *[Note: Government classified documents are Top Secret, Secret, and Confidential]

2) The FBI did examine her server.
Which one?
Some Background Information:
(under #3. Breaking and smashing. Page 3 of article from POLITICO: Hillary Clinton Emails The 12 juiciest bits from the FBI's Clinton report. By Nick Gass 09/02/2016
...Longtime Bill Clinton aide Justin Cooper, who helped set up the private email account that Hillary Clinton used as secretary of state, was the person "usually responsible" for setting up her new devices and syncing them to the server. Top aides Huma Abedin and Monica Hanley, as well as another person whose name is redacted, also helped Clinton set up her Blackberry.
According to Abedin and Hanley, Clinton's old devices would often disappear to parts "unkown once she transitioned to a new device."
Cooper, according to the report, "did recall two instances where he destroyed Clinton's old mobile devices by breaking them in half or hitting them with a hammer."
...#5. Server switch
Clinton was not part of the decision to move from the Apple server managed by Cooper to a server built by Bryan Pagliano, according to the report, which stated that Clinton "had no knowledge of the reasons for selecting it to install it in the basement" of her Chappaqua, New York, home.
Clinton also denied using the server to avoid the Federal Records Act, and did not have any conversations about using the server to avoid the Freedom of Information Act, according to the FBI's investigation notes.

Re: Bryan Pagliano: (source: Editorial from Investor's Business Daily dated 9/4/2015.
...Bryan Pagliano was Clinton's director of information technology during her failed 2008 presidential run. After she became secretary of state in 2009, he followed her there.
He's now known as the tech specialist who set up and maintained the Clinton server.

Re: Paul Combetta: (source: The New York Times article by Adam Goldman and Michael S. Schmidt dated Sept. 8, 2016
"Justice Dept. Granted Immunity to Specialist Who Deleted Hillary Clinton's Emails."
Mr. Combetta is one of at least two people who were given immunity by the Justice Department as part of the investigation.
The other was Bryan Pagliano, a former campaign staff member for Mrs. Clinton's 2008 presidential campaign, who was granted immunity in exchange for answering questions about he set up a server in Mrs. Clinton's home in Chappaqua, N.Y. around the time she became secretary of state in 2009.
*[Note: Mr. Combetta worked for the Colorado company called Platte River Networks
on 9/3/16 The Denver Post published an article with the title: "F.B.I. report: Platte River Network employee used BleachBit to delete
files from Clinton server. On August 25, 2016, in the Politico, there is a article: Gowdy: Clinton used special tool to wipe email server.
“She and her lawyers had those emails deleted. And they didn’t just push the delete button; they had them deleted where even God can’t read them,” Gowdy said Thursday morning during an interview on Fox News’ “America’s Newsroom.” “They were using something called BleachBit. You don’t use BleachBit for yoga emails or bridemaids emails. When you’re using BleachBit, it is something you really do not want the world to see.”

So again, It would depend on what server that The FBI investigated and when. If the FBI investigated the server after Mr. Combetta used the BleachBit server then they could claim that no evidence 's Clinton's email was hacked by foreign powers -[remember Leftyg's source added: "but it could have been"
But the IG report said: According to the inspector general, a special review of the Clinton email investigation in 2017 by the Office to the FBI's Inspection Division (INSD) found that, before Comey's 2016 statement, "the FBI ... successfully determined classified information was improperly stored and transmitted on Clinton's email server, and classified information was compromised by unauthorized individuals, to include foreign governments."
Michaels153

Postby Michaels153 » July 18th, 2018, 3:09 pm

The reason why I asked: "So why did Hillary Clinton claim that her server was hacked but refused to let the FBI examine her server?" Is because she originally refused to let the FBI look at her server. She and the rest of the DNC were using the software Crowd Strike which has been described as being merely a detection program that would alert you if there was an intrusion. The software was not meant for prevention, just detection. So Hillary tells someone that she was hacked and when the FBI comes she does not allow them to look at her server. At some point, probably due to this lack of cooperation, a subpoena is secured and served to procure the server (s) ?

..If you or I had set up an unauthorized private communications system for official business for the patent purpose of defeating federal record-keeping and disclosure laws; if we had retained and transmitted thousands of classified emails on this non-secure system; if we had destroyed tens of thousands of government records; if we had carried out that destruction while those records were under subpoena; if we had lied to the FBI in our interview — well, we’d be writing this column from the federal penitentiary in Leavenworth. Yet, in a feat of dizzying ratiocination, Director Comey explained that to prosecute Mrs. Clinton would be to hold her to a nitpicking, selective standard of justice not imposed on other Americans.
....The fons et origo of the counterintelligence investigation was the suspicion — which our intelligence agencies assure us is a fact — that the Democratic National Committee’s server was hacked by covert Russian operatives. Without this cyber-espionage attack, there would be no investigation. But how do we know it really happened? The Obama Justice Department never took custody of the server — no subpoena, no search warrant. The server was thus never subjected to analysis by the FBI’s renowned forensics lab, and its evidentiary integrity was never preserved for courtroom presentation to a jury. How come? Well, you see, there was an ongoing election campaign, so the Obama Justice Department figured it would be a terrible imposition to pry into the Democrats’ communications. So, yes, the entire “Russia hacked the election” narrative the nation has endured for nearly two years hinges on the say-so of CrowdStrike, a private DNC contractor with significant financial ties to the Clinton campaign.

Source -> https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/clinton-email-trump-russia-probes-justice-department-double-standards/
In Politicized Justice, Desperate Times Call for Disparate Measures
By Andrew C. MCCARTHY
May 19, 2018

And this is also why I asked which server?
Michaels153

Postby Michaels153 » July 19th, 2018, 11:51 am

JuicedTruth wrote:
Source?

Reality.

Leftyg:AKA not Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Breitbart, and whatever other fake news sites you read.
Finally they are being exposed for what they are. Trump is a Manchurian Candidate. He got pissed on by a hooker in Moscow and Putin has been pissin on him ever since. We have a traitor in the White House.

BOOM!
The deaf - you don't listen,
The dumb- you don't understand
The blind - you cant see the truth when your not looking for it.

The Aimless Brothers
Always singing the same tune
Whether it's a singular solo, a duet, or the three shmucks in tears. braying their cacophony of crap.
Here geniuses
https://spectator.org/everyone-is-smart-except-trump/
Everyone Is Smart Except Trump
DOV FISCHER 7/18/18
t really is quite simple. Everyone is smart except Donald J. Trump. That’s why they all are billionaires and all got elected President. Only Trump does not know what he is doing. Only Trump does not know how to negotiate with Vladimir Putin. Anderson Cooper knows how to stand up to Putin. The whole crowd at MSNBC does. All the journalists do.

They could not stand up to Matt Lauer at NBC. They could not stand up to Charlie Rose at CBS. They could not stand up to Mark Halperin at NBC. Nor up to Leon Wieseltier at the New Republic, nor Jann Wenner at Rolling Stone, nor Michael Oreskes at NPR, at the New York Times, or at the Associated Press. But — oh, wow! — can they ever stand up to Putin! Only Trump is incapable of negotiating with the Russian tyrant.

Remember the four years when Anderson Cooper was President of the United States? And before that — when the entire Washington Post editorial staff jointly were elected to be President? Remember? Neither do I.

Keep reading frat boys, there is more.
Michaels153

Postby Michaels153 » July 19th, 2018, 12:03 pm

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2018/07/19/the-trumpputin-summit-is-the-worst-thing-ever-until-the-next-worse-thing-ever-n2501405
The Trump/Putin Summit Is the Worst Thing Ever Until the Next Worst Thing Ever
Kurt Schlichter Kurt Schlichter |Posted: Jul 19, 2018 12:01 AM

Here’s a secret everyone knows: this Trump/Russia/Treason thing is nonsense....

...Trump is not going anywhere, no matter how often and loudly they cry “Traitor!”
Michaels153

Postby JuicedTruth » July 19th, 2018, 12:29 pm

t really is quite simple. Everyone is smart except Donald J. Trump. That’s why they all are billionaires and all got elected President. Only Trump does not know what he is doing. Only Trump does not know how to negotiate with Vladimir Putin. Anderson Cooper knows how to stand up to Putin. The whole crowd at MSNBC does. All the journalists do.

They could not stand up to Matt Lauer at NBC. They could not stand up to Charlie Rose at CBS. They could not stand up to Mark Halperin at NBC. Nor up to Leon Wieseltier at the New Republic, nor Jann Wenner at Rolling Stone, nor Michael Oreskes at NPR, at the New York Times, or at the Associated Press. But — oh, wow! — can they ever stand up to Putin! Only Trump is incapable of negotiating with the Russian tyrant.

Remember the four years when Anderson Cooper was President of the United States? And before that — when the entire Washington Post editorial staff jointly were elected to be President? Remember? Neither do I.

You could replace Trump with Obama, choose conservative media personalities and have the same argument. None of them stood up to the likes of Roger Ailes or Bill O'Reilly. Rush Limbaugh heralds himself a genius on a daily basis and is a drug addict. It's not a great criticism of the media. In addition, you have numerous staffers from previous admins, former intelligence officers, current and former Senators and Congressman criticizing Trump's Russian dealings as well. It's not just the media.
JuicedTruth

Postby leftyg » July 19th, 2018, 2:55 pm

You could replace Trump with Obama, choose conservative media personalities and have the same argument. None of them stood up to the likes of Roger Ailes or Bill O'Reilly. Rush Limbaugh heralds himself a genius on a daily basis and is a drug addict. It's not a great criticism of the media. In addition, you have numerous staffers from previous admins, former intelligence officers, current and former Senators and Congressman criticizing Trump's Russian dealings as well. It's not just the media.
An observation:smart people generally do not brag about how smart they are. Like Forrest Gump said I paraphrase; smart is in the doing.

Michaels you have come utterly unhinged, but I see where you get it: from the thoroughly unhinged Kurt Schlichter (any relation to Art Schlichter?). The problem is that you make all these assumptions just like Kurt. What evidence exculpates the president? A rant in big letters does not cut it. Give me facts. The guy did not pull a Pearl Harbor. Rather he played Neville Chamberlain (not Wilt) to Putin's Adolph Hitler, and not in Munich but Helsinki (and we may well sink into Hell).

I will just say this: no competent president ignores his advisers, and no competent president is frequently at odds with their thinking, at least a competent president does not so frequently communicate that disagreement publicly.. This guy loves dictators and I think secretly wants to be one. He sticks his decent moral friends and kisses Putin's backside
leftyg

Postby Michaels153 » July 21st, 2018, 9:24 am

JuicedTruth wrote:You could replace Trump with Obama, choose conservative media personalities and have the same argument. None of them stood up to the likes of Roger Ailes or Bill O'Reilly. Rush Limbaugh heralds himself a genius on a daily basis and is a drug addict. It's not a great criticism of the media. In addition, you have numerous staffers from previous admins, former intelligence officers, current and former Senators and Congressman criticizing Trump's Russian dealings as well. It's not just the media.

Now that is a reasonably valid point, We both could find examples that were exceptions to this, but the criticism of the critics remains. Shouldn't a criticism be suggested constructively and comparably from a historical context? And shouldn't a criticism be made when it is justified in the claim that there was a better alternative available and why the alternative would have worked in the matter presently being discussed.
Formal criticisms going beyond personal opinions and freedom of speech suggest that such discourse has been initiated after a fair evaluation of the facts.
The Left leaning media has averaged about 90% negative coverage of President Trump. And, the negative coverage usually begins before the event with negative speculation and panel discussions of the "worst case scenario's. President Trump has had a very successful record in spite of these negative speculations and discussions of worst case scenarios. Considering these examples of success, a reasonable individual might conclude that "they had not considered that - X, before", and then or at some point give President Trump the benefit of the doubt that he may have a plan, or a strategy here that they just do not see. But with few exceptions, we do not see that. And so, in summary fashion, to point out the obvious that President Trump is the President and they are not, that President Trump is a billionaire and that they are not, sort of says it all in a succinct way.
Michaels153

Postby Michaels153 » July 21st, 2018, 10:45 am

This is what A Real Hypocrite does.
http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/obama-south-africa-slam-rich-people-big-houses-before-returning-home-to-his-8-million-dollar-mansion/

BARACK OBAMA IN SOUTH AFRICA SLAMS ‘RICH PEOPLE WITH BIG HOUSES’ BEFORE RETURNING HOME TO HIS $8 MILLION DOLLAR MANSION WITH 9.5 BATHROOMS

After the speech calling for rich people to get smaller houses, Obama traveled back to America and to his $8.1 million eight-bedroom, nine-and-a-half bathroom mansion in one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in the world.
Michaels153

Return to Politics