Dershowitz: worse way to look for Russian Interference

Discuss local, regional, state, federal, and world politics. Keep it classy, Cleveland.

Dershowitz: worse way to look for Russian Interference

Postby Michaels153 » December 31st, 2017, 3:01 pm

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/12/29/dershowitz-mueller-probe-worst-possible-way-look-russian-interference
Dershowitz: Mueller Probe Is 'Worst Possible Way' to Look Into Russian Interference

Alan Dershowitz said the closed-door investigation headed by Special Counsel Robert Mueller is the "worst possible way" to examine Russian interference in the presidential election.

Dershowitz, a Harvard Law professor emeritus and lifelong Democrat, said on "The Story" Thursday that politics is playing too much of a role on both sides when it comes to the allegations of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russians and accusations of bias within the FBI.

He stressed to guest host Trish Regan that since Day 1, he wanted a nonpartisan body of "distinguished Americans" - similar to the 9/11 Commission - to conduct a transparent investigation.

"Right now [Mueller's] investigation is behind closed doors. We don't know what's happening. They decide what to leak and what not to leak.But the Left has no problem with this. However if a sitting member of Congress who is not a Democrat, goes to the White House to talk to a Republican President about what is going on in an investigation of the FBI and the DOJ, well there must be something written somewhere that says that this is wrong, even if every Democrat on the planet can't think of it nor find it. (Oh gee, I'm sorry, it's only been nine months since that happen. I suppose it's only fair to give them more time to come up with something. Hey what is the phone number for Fusion? It's the worst possible way of getting information and trying to cure a problem that affects Democrats, Republicans and all Americans," said Dershowitz. Is Mr. Dershowitz really a liberal? Did he just refer to Republicans as "all Americans"?

Regan asked Dershowitz about Mueller's credibility, noting the recent calls from some House Republicans for Mueller to be removed.

Dershowitz said: "I think we have real problems of credibility. But that is not what Leftyg said. leftyg wrote:
First, Rod Rosenstein, in his congressional testimony, said he did not have cause to fire Mueller. He felt Mueller is above reproach and that Mueller's team did not violate "the appearance" of impropriety.

But those are all going to help Donald Trump because the pressure is on Mueller to show the world that he can be fair," said Dershowitz, acknowledging it's the "hardest job in the world" to investigate a sitting president and that Mueller has "made too many mistakes." [but let's not forget Leftyg's contributed :
a biography of Mr. Mueller, just the fact that he came from the upper class and went to the same prep school as John Kerry and they were teammates on the hockey team. He then matriculated to an Ivy League collage, and then he decided to go to Vietnam. Mueller came from a privileged background and volunteered for the Marine Corp and then Vietnam. He was wounded; He was a decorated war hero who has been applauded at ever level of government he has served.

I said:
That is true, but that does not mean that he is not capable of making mistakes.
Dershowitz: Mueller has "made too many mistakes. Oh I am sorry I forgot this: Alan Dershowitz is an American lawyer and author. He is a scholar of United States constitutional law and criminal law, and a leading defender of civil liberties. - Wikipedia.

He said the onus is on Mueller to find "hard evidence of real crime outside of presidential authority."
The Liberal Creed: Take all the money you can, from all the people you can, in all the ways that you can, for as long as you can.
Michaels153

Return to Politics