Threats against presidents and candidates

Discuss local, regional, state, federal, and world politics. Keep it classy, Cleveland.

Threats against presidents and candidates

Postby leftyg » August 11th, 2016, 10:49 am

I am sure everybody has heard what the walking gaffe machine, Donald Trump, said about Hillary Clinton http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Don ... ORM=VRDGAR The Secret Service has talked to his staff; he, of course, denies it even though the implication seems clear. Around the conservative media they have been trying to defend the statement and say he meant using the the arguments of the second amendment to defend in court. I found this comment on WHK's Facebook page on their August 6, 2016 comment about Obama giving Iran 400 million for hostages. In Glen McCoy's photo, President Obama has big ears. Below it a poster writes "Where is John Wilks Booth when you need him?" I concealed the name. https://www.facebook.com/am1420theanswer You can find it at the website. The post was made on August 6 at 2:53 PM and it is still up five days later. I think this is a violation of law, but it demonstrates what the poster thinks should happen to our president and probably what a lot of far right wingers are thinking. These people do not need to be encouraged.
leftyg

Re: Threats against presidents and candidates

Postby Butters » August 12th, 2016, 6:57 pm

I agree with you on this, of course. Trump's meaning was clear, he knows he was caught saying something indefensible but, being the little boy he is, he can't admit that he made a mistake.

However, I'm not sure what you described at the end of your post is actually a violation of law. I'm certainly no lawyer, but saying you wish someone would be assassinated might well be legally distinct from actually threatening it. I agree with your sentiment, though, naturally; any site where such a thing is posted has a moral and ethical obligation to take it down, if not a legal one.
I am to metaphor cheese as metaphor cheese is to transitive verb crackers!
Butters

Postby leftyg » August 12th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Butters wrote:I agree with you on this, of course. Trump's meaning was clear, he knows he was caught saying something indefensible but, being the little boy he is, he can't admit that he made a mistake.

However, I'm not sure what you described at the end of your post is actually a violation of law. I'm certainly no lawyer, but saying you wish someone would be assassinated might well be legally distinct from actually threatening it. I agree with your sentiment, though, naturally; any site where such a thing is posted has a moral and ethical obligation to take it down, if not a legal one.
Butters, I do not know if you saw the post. I know at least one other poster did. But the guy actually said "Where is John Wilks Booth when you need him". Now this shows the mentality out there and you cannot threated the President of the United States in any way. What surprises me is that WHK has not pulled it down out of common decency. I am waiting to see if it stays up. And if you have not seen it go to the Facebook page and look at it. I want a bunch of people to see it and to see if they take it down. And, of course, I will not give the posters name, but he put it out there for everybody who goes to the WHK's Facebook page to see.
leftyg

Postby Michaels153 » October 24th, 2019, 12:04 pm

David T wrote:Well, I think No, you dont really think.
Your acting opportunistically, mmaybe mechanically, but your not really thinking. Your first statement, your opening or introductory lead; is an awkwardly phrased conglomeration. Your next sentence is not much better.
all these would be only threats because no one dares to do such things with president especially. Maybe they would do some harm with the candidates but now with president. I visit Why dont you visit a teacher to help you compose sentences that lead into your marketing pitch. And then, go somewhere else to troll.write my papers.org for more updates about thanks for sharing.

Thanks for leaving.
The Liberal Creed: Take all the money you can, from all the people you can, in all the ways that you can, for as long as you can.
Michaels153

Return to Politics