More Liberal talk radio to disappear in 2014

Discuss local, regional, state, federal, and world politics. Keep it classy, Cleveland.

More Liberal talk radio to disappear in 2014

Postby Michaels153 » December 27th, 2013, 4:39 pm

http://www.truthrevolt.org
Liberal, Commercial, Talk Radio Disappears in NY, LA, SF in 2014
Only NPR is left. 12/26/2013
The familiar complaint about the need for a liberal response to the conservative message doesn't seem to be working as it once did. The Liberals retort is that too many stations are under control by conservative interests. If only (they say) the playing field were balanced and even, the liberal message would destroy the conservative voices.
But, the defeat of the Liberal voice in the country's. Largest deposit of liberals says much more than liberals can spin.
It has never been the case that (to them) if we just get our message out then we would win. If that were the case then they never would have to resort to lies to implement their ideas. But since their ideas don't make any sense, and don't work, the only chance they have for temporary success (that is until the public sees through their lies and discovers the truth) is to use every conceivable deception including lies to promote their ideas.
The Liberal Creed: Take all the money you can, from all the people you can, in all the ways that you can, for as long as you can.
Michaels153

Re: More Liberal talk radio to disappear in 2014

Postby leftyg » December 27th, 2013, 8:10 pm

Think Michaels. New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco are the three greatest bastions of liberalism in America. So obviously this article means nothing. We still win the presidency, and we still win people in educated districts; the South and some of the other right wing states are primarily made of uneducated people who will follow a Pied Piper like Limbaugh or some other local yokel right wing imbecile who speaks their language--stupidity.
leftyg

Postby wobbly » December 27th, 2013, 10:27 pm

Well, if the Truth Revolt is reporting it, it must be true. If we can't get our message out over AM radio, we will have to keep getting it out over the lame stream media, which of course we control. Between that and the left leaning public radio (that the right pays for), we should be able to get our message out all across the nation. Besides if we can get the liberal courts to overturn state voter ID laws, we should continue to win elections using tried and true voter fraud. :roll:
“Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.”
― Richard Dawkins

Tea Party: Brewing Extremism Since 2010.
wobbly

Postby Michaels153 » December 28th, 2013, 12:48 am

leftyg wrote:Think Michaels. New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco are the three greatest bastions of liberalism in America. So obviously this article means nothing. We still win the presidency, and we still win people in educated districts; the South and some of the other right wing states are primarily made of uneducated people who will follow a Pied Piper like Limbaugh or some other local yokel right wing imbecile who speaks their language--stupidity.

Yes think Leftyg, "the three greatest bastions of liberalism in America", are "throwing Ed Schultz, Thomas Hartmann, Randi Rhodes, and Alan Colmes off the air." "They will be dumping Miller, Rhodes, and David Cruz off the air in favor of Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Sean Hannity." And, they "will leave Miller, Hartmann, and Mike Mallory without a radio home in the market."
Yes think Leftyg,"thanks to radio consolidation and the secondary status of leftist talk in major markets across the country, the final death knell for liberal talkers could be tolling. Leftist talkers simply don't have the same radio draw as conservatives."...
"The failure of commercial leftist talk means that only government sponsored NPR remains in many markets."
The Liberal Creed: Take all the money you can, from all the people you can, in all the ways that you can, for as long as you can.
Michaels153

Postby Michaels153 » December 28th, 2013, 1:08 am

wobbly wrote:Well, if the Truth Revolt is reporting it, it must be true. If we can't get our message out over AM radio, we will have to keep getting it out over the lame stream media, which of course we control. Between that and the left leaning public radio (that the right pays for), we should be able to get our message out all across the nation. Besides if we can get the liberal courts to overturn state voter ID laws, we should continue to win elections using tried and true voter fraud. :roll:

Wobbly you be sure to let us know if what the "Truth Revolt" reports turns out to be inaccurate in any way.
This happens to be good news for the people in the listening areas where these changes are being made. The decline in readership and viewership in other media markets may lead to more than just changes to management and employee cutbacks where the New York Times, The Huffington Post, MSNBC and CNN have been hit the hardest.
Michaels153

Postby leftyg » December 29th, 2013, 2:59 am

I wrote:
leftyg wrote:Think Michaels. New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco are the three greatest bastions of liberalism in America. So obviously this article means nothing. We still win the presidency, and we still win people in educated districts; the South and some of the other right wing states are primarily made of uneducated people who will follow a Pied Piper like Limbaugh or some other local yokel right wing imbecile who speaks their language--stupidity.

Michaels reponds with this:
Yes think Leftyg, "the three greatest bastions of liberalism in America", are "throwing Ed Schultz, Thomas Hartmann, Randi Rhodes, and Alan Colmes off the air." "They will be dumping Miller, Rhodes, and David Cruz off the air in favor of Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Sean Hannity." And, they "will leave Miller, Hartmann, and Mike Mallory without a radio home in the market."
Yes think Leftyg,"thanks to radio consolidation and the secondary status of leftist talk in major markets across the country, the final death knell for liberal talkers could be tolling. Leftist talkers simply don't have the same radio draw as conservatives."..."The failure of commercial leftist talk means that only government sponsored NPR remains in many markets."
I realize right wing talk is more popular. Tom Hartmann is smarter than any of the conservatives by a mile. Actually the liberal hosts are all more honorable men and women than any of these conservatives you mentioned, All it proves is that there is a big market for crazy and for stupid. Lots of low information red necks out there like to hear somebody agree with their racist, homophobic, apocalyptic, xenophobic view of the world, not to mention their dreadful understanding of economics. Most liberals think for themselves and are well informed; most conservatives can't think for themselves and are ill informed. Besides using the relative popularity of talk hosts as a criteria for anything is argument ad populum or the bandwagon effect. It is not considered a good rhetorical tool.
leftyg

Postby daria morgendorfer » January 8th, 2014, 3:25 pm

There's liberal talk radio? :o ~sarcasm off~
"Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment in time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."----Ronald Reagan

Qapla!!
daria morgendorfer

Postby leftyg » January 8th, 2014, 3:42 pm

daria morgendorfer wrote:There's liberal talk radio? :o ~sarcasm off~

There are conservative presidents ? :o
leftyg

Postby daria morgendorfer » January 9th, 2014, 12:00 pm

leftyg wrote:
daria morgendorfer wrote:There's liberal talk radio? :o ~sarcasm off~

There are conservative presidents ? :o

Not recently, lefty.... ;)
"Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment in time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."----Ronald Reagan

Qapla!!
daria morgendorfer

Postby Mrtazeman » January 11th, 2014, 10:09 am

I believe that the left wing media is in big trouble..

As you guys might know, I am an avid listener of right wing radio, at first it was because I was a major ditto head, then when I learned to start thinking for myself, I listened to right wing radio because it was dominant in every city I traveled to.

In matter of fact, the first time I listened to a liberal station is when I had to rent a car and it had satellite radio. With that being said I could see why right wing radio is more popular.

Left wing radio reminds me when I was going for my graduate degree. The radio host was sort of dry like my professor. And the host interaction with its audience was knowledge based. A caller would call and talk about a study, or another one would tell the host maybe they should look at these stats from CBO. It was a back and forth interaction of studies, facts, stats, and economics to prove or disprove a theory.

While the right wing radio reminds me when I use to watch big time wrestling in the early 1980’s. These right wing media hosts calls people sluts, idiots, traders, and they would cry and yell from the top of their lungs. They claim that the world will end. With the people they don’t get paid to support, they call them Nazis, Communist, Fascist, Hitler, Gays and cry about reverse racism. Their audience also does the same, they call in about starting revolutions, talking about buying more guns, claiming that they are moving out of the USA. They yell, cry and live in a constant state of fear.

To me left wing media is dry and is like sitting in on a graduate class with the interchange of information, studies, stats, proving and disproving theories

While the right wing media is more like the Jerry Springer show, it is very entertaining..
Real USA
Mrtazeman

Postby leftyg » January 11th, 2014, 3:08 pm

Real, I could not agree more. I want to give you an in-town example of Mansfield Frazier. He has a show WTAM radio Sunday night between 7-10 PM. He is the station's token liberal. Last week, because of a Cavs game, it got shifted to the afternoon. His intern had on an Indians cap with Chief Wahoo on it. Frazier refused to sign the kid's intern paper to validate that he had worked the hours on the switchboard because of the logo. Bob Frantz got wind of it and really created a stink about it on air Wednesday night I believe. Anyway, I agree with Frantz: I think Frazier was being a pompous jerk, and a pc one at that. You have no idea how much I hate political correctness and how much I hate bullying a kid. Mansfield may be right about Chief Wahoo, but that does not give him the right to impose that belief on another person. If the station has a policy on the issue, that is a different story. BUT you do not build yourself up by tearing down a less powerful person because of some idea you have; it makes you no better than the idiot Limbaugh who attacked a law student for addressing some things he believed that he could not defend reasonably.

I am just as sure I cannot change Mansfield Frazier's views as I am sure that I cannot change The Idiot Limbaugh's views. But you can point them out. And if people want to continue to patronize them, then there is nothing I can do. So for me the issue is not necessarily the dryness, but the humanity of it. I think if a person comes off as real, authentic and interesting it will work even if it isn't Jerry Springer who --ironically--when he had a radio show was a policy wonk. I think liberal hosts and even posters lack that earthy humanity that makes you a regular guy or gal. Conservative hosts often use faux earthiness to conceal the wolf in sheep's clothing. I can think of only one or two liberal hosts who show lots of humanity, maybe three as I think about it, and they are all on TV: Al Sharpton, Ed Schultz and Lawrence O'Donnell, though I have heard that O'Donnell, like Keith Olbermann, is a real jerk off air. I think Rachael Maddow is a little too gleeful when she talks about abortion. That bothers me, and boy she is a wonk, but I like wonks.

I believe in the words of Suzy Orman : people first, money second, things third. Any ideology or process that puts anything ahead of people is wrong. So to your piece about dryness, which is definitely there, I would add the political correctness that stands in the way of our humanity. I will close this even though I have more to say with the words of Doctor Zhivago, the most poignant phrase about pc I can think of: "The personal life is dead."
leftyg

Postby pick3 » January 12th, 2014, 1:10 pm

He is the station's token liberal.

You are correct to characterize Frazier as a token. Tokens are use throughout media to inoculate themselves against charges of discrimination and various phobias. These tokens, like Frazier, cannot hold their own in generating media ratings because most people find these tokens' views short-sighted and uniformed and knee-jerk. Not to speak of destructive and counter-productive in promoting America’s values, institutions and efforts in maintaining economic and military superiority. The free market is essential to weed out mediocrity and harmful forces that undermine America’s strength and productiveness. Think of a media token as a subsidy or bailout, that which masks or compensates for inferior production. WTAM loses revenue every time a token is employed, and the people who listen to the token become dumber and dumber.
pick3

Postby leftyg » January 12th, 2014, 2:02 pm

You are correct to characterize Frazier as a token. Tokens are use throughout media to inoculate themselves against charges of discrimination and various phobias. These tokens, like Frazier, cannot hold their own in generating media ratings because most people find these tokens' views short-sighted and uniformed and knee-jerk. Not to speak of destructive and counter-productive in promoting America’s values, institutions and efforts in maintaining economic and military superiority. The free market is essential to weed out mediocrity and harmful forces that undermine America’s strength and productiveness. Think of a media token as a subsidy or bailout, that which masks or compensates for inferior production. WTAM loses revenue every time a token is employed, and the people who listen to the token become dumber and dumber.

I don't think Frazier is dumb. As a matter of he is probably their brightest, most informed host, including national media that WTAM has. That is not the point; he has an overtone of intolerance. He seems to be politically correct. I am going to tell you pick, I respect you as a person. I just think some of your opinions are full of shit! :D And I am sure you feel the same about me. Which is very cool. The thing is let's talk about it, understanding that I do not believe some of the things you assume, and you do not believe some of the things I assume. That is why I--as a liberal--I can bore you with all those statistics I sometimes cite. I believe that some of the things you believe about the economy and the rest of the stuff I bolded are wrong. It is never counter-productive to challenge certain values. If they are so weakly held, you cannot defend them, then they should be overthrown with better values.. Again, that isn't the point. It is intolerance. It does not matter if it is the right wing authoritarianism some on the right project or the politically correct smugness some on the left project. And really, that is where Mrtazeman's point comes in. To change another person's mind or alter their view of things, you have to either rant or bore them with numbers and sourced data. Conservatives chose to rant. Liberals choose to bore with citations. There is a wonderful little book called Amusing Ourselves to Death by Neil Postman. And he predicts that unless information amuses us, we will ignore it. He may well have a point.
leftyg

Postby pick3 » January 12th, 2014, 5:59 pm

I don't think Frazier is dumb.

I didn't say Frazier is dumb. I said the people who listen to him are dumb. Tokens aren't generally dumb. They are motivated by token leftist agendas and know sub-intelligent folks, Obamaphone-carrying cigarette smokers will buy into the rhetoric, a sizable voting block who vote for largess-giving liberals, like Obama. It is true that liberal rhetoric is more appealing to low-lifes than conservative rhetoric. Face it, the liberal solutions offer an easy way out, soak the rich, raise taxes, increase corporate taxes, EPA meddling. Green. Yes let’s throw billions down the toilet on that. Free school lunches. Who wants a child to starve? You know, LBJ’s War on Poverty is a complete failure, trillions spent. The token is just trying to perpetuate that myth.
pick3

Postby leftyg » January 12th, 2014, 11:59 pm

You see pick, you just wrote a mouthful that I don't agree with. I think the War on Poverty was pretty successful, just underfunded, and I am too tired to get the source documentation to backup what I said. It'll have to wait until tomorrow. But that is where the whole problem comes from. I think Limbaugh's listeners are dumb. But, hey that is just my opinion.
leftyg

Postby pick3 » January 13th, 2014, 9:50 am

I think the War on Poverty was pretty successful, just underfunded

I won't throw too much at you this time. Let's agree on the definition of dumb. Eight trillion dollars spent to improve on every category of poverty, including reducing dependency and single-parent children, and the opposite has occurred. You are truly a hard core liberal to cling to your statement that the War on Poverty was successful and underfunded.
pick3

Postby leftyg » January 13th, 2014, 1:06 pm

I wrote:
"I think the War on Poverty was pretty successful, just underfunded."

pick responded:
I won't throw too much at you this time. Let's agree on the definition of dumb. Eight trillion dollars spent to improve on every category of poverty, including reducing dependency and single-parent children, and the opposite has occurred. You are truly a hard core liberal to cling to your statement that the War on Poverty was successful and underfunded.
How did you come up with the number eight trillion? I am a hard core liberal, but what do you count as money spent on the poor? Welfare and food stamps, even in today's dollars do not add up to eight trillion, and the war on poverty began 50 years ago when prices were much lower. What are counting as aid to the poor? Did you bother to look at the statistics on the stimulus effect of food stamps, and unemployment insurance (which you cannot get unless you had a job)? Did you look at the stimulus effect of the tax cuts? Not good. Of corporate tax cuts? Still not good. Of reduction in the payroll tax? Very good and opposed by Republicans. As a matter of fact you do not mention that we are one of the most lightly taxed nations in the world, and the only country with a lighter tax burden has a national Debt that amounts to 217% of GDP. You see with me pick, you have to use facts AND you have to give those facts context. Why is it OK for the top one percent to collect 21% of income, when it is not helping the country? Why s it ok for a hedge fund manager, because of carried interest, to make a billion dollars a year and pay 15% tax on it, more than a hard working citizen with a family? Why do you guys kiss the riches ass rather than demand they pay their fair share.

BTW, the lot of the poor has improved greatly, though more could be done.
leftyg

Postby pick3 » January 13th, 2014, 2:15 pm

I was being conservative so as not to excite you too much leftyg. Federal, state and local spending on means-tested welfare alone, in inflation-adjusted dollars, since the beginning of the War on Poverty is about $16.7 trillion. More to the point, and you can refer to me as "dumb," please explain how much SHOULD have been spent since you believe LBJ's boondoggle was underfunded. You can squawk at the following link and if you don't agree with it provide your own numbers...

http://nationalreview.com/articles/229326/losing-war/robert-rector
pick3

Postby Scorpion » January 13th, 2014, 2:31 pm

A man wants to have sex or he doesn't.
If he doesn't, its like trying to put a marshmallow into a parking meter.
Scorpion

Postby leftyg » January 13th, 2014, 3:05 pm

OK, I will accept those numbers. but the association od stat budget officers said in 2012 that poverty had rebounded to its highest level since 1965 when it was 15.7%. It reached a low of 11.1% in 1973, and the war on poverty was a success because it had cut poverty from 22.4% in 1959 to 11.1% in 1973.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/2 ... 92744.html

This neglect of the poor and the attempts to cut Medicaid and other assistance programs just make the problem of poverty that much greater. Reagan effectively ended the war on poverty and began the outrageous era of comforting the comfortable. What is your better solution Scorp? What does the National Journal suggest we do to make the plight of the poor better. Can either of you propose an economic plan that gets the poor out of poverty? It would be great for the country you know. OR do you think that a few rich folks having all the money is peachy keen?
leftyg

Postby Scorpion » January 13th, 2014, 3:08 pm

Lefty, news flash...........
THERE WILL ALWAYS BE POOR PEOPLE!
Scorpion

Postby leftyg » January 13th, 2014, 3:14 pm

Scorpion wrote:Lefty, news flash...........
THERE WILL ALWAYS BE POOR PEOPLE!

There may be, but if we can do something about it--and we did in the sixties and early seventies- there would be a lot less of them, about 15-20 million if my math is right. If we would expand Medicaid there would be less of them; if we would raise the minimum wage there would be less of them; if we continue food stamps there would be less of them; if we would spend to develop infrastructure there would be less of them; if we stopped giving tax breaks to billionaires with offshore accounts there would be less of them; if we invested in education there would be less of them. Even if we extended unemployment, that would create about 400 thousand jobs.
leftyg

Postby JuicedTruth » January 13th, 2014, 3:34 pm

Being on food stamps doesn't eliminate poverty. It eliminates hunger associated with poverty. If people can't fish, you're still a better person for giving them fish rather than letting them starve.

If you want to reduce welfare, then you need to have jobs that pay above a level where welfare is necessary in order to continue a halfway-acceptable life for a U.S. citizen and to provide opportunities to lift yourself out of whatever educational/economical/vocational rut you're in. Raising the minimum wage would certainly put a dent in the amount of money spent on welfare. How else do the Republicans expect there to be jobs of a high enough pay to reduce welfare expendetures? I think we can easily bury the "cut taxes!" argument. And most other conservative platitudes are equally false or fail to calculate externalities. With the minimum wage, we're slowly building evidence from real-world situations where traditional thinking is being shot down.
JuicedTruth

Postby leftyg » January 13th, 2014, 4:57 pm

I quoted this from Moody economist Mark Zandi in his congressional testimony. It shows how truly pathetic the stimulus of tax cuts to the rich are. In other words, giving them more actually take away from the economy, from the rest of us. The article goes:

Virtually ALL of the TAX CUTTING the Republicans want to do (or have done) have a pathetic Multiplier Effect:
Extend Alternative Minimum Tax Patch 0.48
Make Bush Income Tax Cuts Permanent 0.29
Make Dividend and Capital Gains Tax Cuts Permanent 0.37
Cut the Corporate Tax Rate 0.30

In fact, the only Tax Cut that DOES ANY GOOD is The Payroll Tax Cut with a multiplier of 1.29. (No wonder the GOP tried to BLOCK it!)

By contrast, all of the traditional "liberal" measures have large multiplier effects, including extending Newt Gingrich's favorite Dog Whistle program FOOD STAMPS. (ie-to call Obama 'the greatest food stamp president in history' is a testament to his economic genius.)

Extend Unemployment Insurance Benefits 1.64
Temporarily Increase Food Stamps 1.73
Issue General Aid to State Governments 1.36
Increase Infrastructure Spending 1.59

To put it another way: Increasing food stamps stimulates the economy SIX TIMES MORE than extending the Bush Tax Cuts, and rebuilding the country's infrastructure will stimulate the Economy more than FIVE TIMES MORE than cutting the Corporate Tax Rate.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021320033

While food stamps do not eliminate poverty, they do create jobs, perhaps not for the recipient but for someone in the food industry. And I reiterate the tax cut fetish to the rich has a negative effect. We in fact--from a purely economic standpoint-- are subsidizing them. If trickle down worked, we would see a tremendous increase in employment because profits and stock prices are at an all-time high. Honestly, we should just tax the shit out of the super wealthy. But that is my frustration talking.
Last edited by leftyg on February 19th, 2014, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leftyg

Postby Scorpion » January 13th, 2014, 5:09 pm

Lefty, one of the biggest factors that have a profound affect on combatting poverty is a cohesive two parent household with parents who support and encourage the education of their children.
Single parent female heads of households are the most likely to be mired in the poverty cycle.
But the government cant change the social or cultural norms currently accepted by society.
Those who are the least educated are not likely to change their behavior and the cycle continues.
Scorpion

Postby leftyg » January 13th, 2014, 5:48 pm

Scorpion wrote:Lefty, one of the biggest factors that have a profound affect on combatting poverty is a cohesive two parent household with parents who support and encourage the education of their children.
Single parent female heads of households are the most likely to be mired in the poverty cycle.
But the government cant change the social or cultural norms currently accepted by society.
Those who are the least educated are not likely to change their behavior and the cycle continues.

I pretty much agree, but my argument is that we are not doing enough as a society to change this trend. One program, "Sixteen and Pregnant" on MTV lead to a 20 thousand less teen pregnancies according to an economic study http://news.msn.com/pop-culture/16-and- ... moms-study And it does not have to come from the government. It has to happen, and if the private sector will not do it, the public sector must. We need to value education more and we have to pay for it to break this cycle. I have told you a thousand times that we are a low tax country. And I think the evidence is clear that tax cuts to the usual suspects don't work even though they like to say it does work. We have to make some real changes is focus. We have to value education, health care more than anything. We have to start thanking teachers for their service.
leftyg

Postby pick3 » January 13th, 2014, 7:32 pm

I pretty much agree, but my argument is that we are not doing enough as a society...

It’s not up to “society” to correct trends, however you define society. It is up to grown men to support their own children, pay for their school lunches and supplies and make them do their homework when they get home. It is up to adults to work and pay taxes, and protest those taxes when they feel their money is being wasted on War on Poverty programs that don’t work and breed dependency, and it up to families to support their kids and pay their own bills even if they have to get a part-time job to make ends meet, not walk around lollygagging on an Obama phone. Sixteen and Pregnant is just a gimmick. It will never replace hard work…If the private sector will not do it, it’s because the private sector is already tapped out paying for other people’s kids, bailing out union pensions, throwing money at green projects (a trillion so far by my numbers leftyg). I think America values education, but with the power of the teacher’s union we can’t do much because nearly all the spending goes into the pockets of the greedy union employees to feed their pensions, vacation/sick time, Cadillac health care, salaries and perks. You must have missed it Leftyg but recently the US failed to crack the top 20 again in math and science when compared to other industrialized countries. You are great at complaining about trends leftyg but you fail to grasp and accept the hard choices we as a “society” and individuals need to make to improve our lot.
pick3

Postby Scorpion » January 13th, 2014, 9:50 pm

Scorpion

Postby pick3 » January 13th, 2014, 10:16 pm

Leftyg did concede some numbers in response to his goofy left-wing comments and appeared to shirk replies from some creditable common sense folks on this forum. Maybe Leftyg is coming around. I think leftyg is having a transforming moment and is tired of looking silly and defending the indefensible. Leftyg, please consider using your intellect to extricate yourself from the pit. Don’t use your speech class to indoctrinate young people. Climb out of the pit and go forth (on this forum and elsewhere) to encourage America to be the best it can be. There is still time. But there may not be time for America. I would be delighted to see you cast your screen name aside and all its failed liberal views and login under a new screen name: rightyg. Direct your efforts to making America strong again and away from the apologetic advocate for loafers and whiners. You can do it leftyg.
pick3

Postby Scorpion » January 13th, 2014, 11:21 pm

[quote="leftyg"[/quote]
I pretty much agree, but my argument is that we are not doing enough as a society to change this trend. One program, "Sixteen and Pregnant" on MTV lead to a 20 thousand less teen pregnancies according to an economic study http://news.msn.com/pop-culture/16-and- ... moms-study And it does not have to come from the government. It has to happen, and if the private sector will not do it, the public sector must. We need to value education more and we have to pay for it to break this cycle. I have told you a thousand times that we are a low tax country. And I think the evidence is clear that tax cuts to the usual suspects don't work even though they like to say it does work. We have to make some real changes is focus. We have to value education, health care more than anything. We have to start thanking teachers for their service.[/quote]
There is a twofold problem lefty.
The public does not SHAME youngsters who engage in premarital sex and the government rewards the teen parent by providing her with handouts every time she gets pregnant more often than not by multiple partners.

My daughter came home with the invite for her friends baby. Both 'kids' were listed as the guests of honor, both mothers as the hostesses, and its being held at an American Legion hall because they invited over 100 people!
Yes, lets reward irresponsibility and stupidity.
The parents are no better than the kids in this case.
Scorpion

Postby JuicedTruth » January 14th, 2014, 8:17 am

We need to do more to SHAME teenage mothers. I say we lock them up in prison as soon as they get pregnant. Once they give birth, we give the mothers the death penalty, but we should suspend the 8th amendment and hold public crucifixions of the teen mothers. They must be SHAMED. The baby can then be raised in prison and stay in the prison the rest of its life. This way we can really SHAME people. Plus, more prisoners. Everyone wins!
JuicedTruth

Postby Scorpion » January 14th, 2014, 9:27 am

JuicedTruth wrote:We need to do more to SHAME teenage mothers. I say we lock them up in prison as soon as they get pregnant. Once they give birth, we give the mothers the death penalty, but we should suspend the 8th amendment and hold public crucifixions of the teen mothers. They must be SHAMED. The baby can then be raised in prison and stay in the prison the rest of its life. This way we can really SHAME people. Plus, more prisoners. Everyone wins!

Where did I specify teen moms?
I said YOUNGSTERS, which includes both sexes.
My daughter and I have had some interesting discussions since the disclosure of her friends pregnancy.
The gist of it is for her and her friends to not be completely stupid and to discuss the potential consequences for the action and if the girl thinks it would be hard discussing birth control with her mother or another trusted adult imagine how much worse it would be to tell your parents your expecting.

And her friend is currently under the impression that she will one day marry the baby's father.
How likely do you think that will be?
Scorpion

Postby JuicedTruth » January 14th, 2014, 10:27 am

Forget about getting married. She must be SHAMED. Sew up her private parts and brand "whore" on her forehead.
JuicedTruth

Postby Scorpion » January 14th, 2014, 10:31 am

JuicedTruth wrote:Forget about getting married. She must be SHAMED. Sew up her private parts and brand "whore" on her forehead.

I never said that you dumbass.
But that's typical of you and lefty, you often contort what you read until the original post is virtually unrecognizable.
Scorpion

Postby Timothya » November 19th, 2019, 2:23 am

More and more liberal talk is launched for the interesting norms for the participants. The theories of the liberal talks and English assignment help is inquired for the full use of the tools for the parts. The use of the condition is ensured for the talks of the motives in the mid of the liberal and such elements for the fundamental paths for the citizens.
Timothya

Postby Michaels153 » November 19th, 2019, 1:19 pm

Timothya wrote:More and more ...crap. Teach no one.

I agree. Now get lost.
Michaels153

Return to Politics