Welcome to the Innuendo News Era

Discuss local, regional, state, federal, and world politics. Keep it classy, Cleveland.

Welcome to the Innuendo News Era

Postby daria morgendorfer » November 7th, 2011, 6:30 pm

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/42136

The Friar's Club? That explains a lot... :lol:
"Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment in time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."----Ronald Reagan

Qapla!!
daria morgendorfer

Re: Welcome to the Innuendo News Era

Postby JuicedTruth » November 8th, 2011, 7:01 am

It's everyone's fault but Cain's?
JuicedTruth

Postby robespierre4 » November 8th, 2011, 10:21 am

Cain can't shake this last woman. He is toast. Get ready for the Mitt for President buttons. Just as those silly rainbow Obama stickers were starting to wear off we will have more.
robespierre4

Postby leftyg » November 8th, 2011, 10:40 am

Now, if you, daria, can get people who do not reside in asylums to believe your right wing version of the news, you and Herman Cain will be home free. You're right. It was not Cain's fault the he made those unwanted advances; it was the media's fault for reporting them and the women's fault for just being there. The Lame Stream Media should have been at OWS reporting on all the rapes that occurred in tents whether they happened or not. Urban legends are very important. I am glad you support a media that takes them seriously.
leftyg

Postby Scorpion » November 8th, 2011, 11:19 am

A man wants to have sex or he doesn't.
If he doesn't, its like trying to put a marshmallow into a parking meter.
Scorpion

Postby Biz » November 8th, 2011, 11:30 am

One thing I am sure of, having Gloria Allred accusiating you of something is now a positive for people in the public eye.

Her shit is getting old to people with common sense.
HATE! HATE! HATE!
The only championships this town has won since '64 is in the sport of Schadenfreude.
http://twitter.com/MuskBuck
Biz

Postby daria morgendorfer » November 8th, 2011, 3:37 pm

Gonna be interesting when the real motivations start coming out. Why didn't any of these women come out when Cain first announced his intentions to run for prez? Something just doesn't smell right; and now we got Gloria Allred involved. It really stinks up... Not saying it did or didn't happen, just why wait until now?
"Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment in time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."----Ronald Reagan

Qapla!!
daria morgendorfer

Postby nato » November 8th, 2011, 7:47 pm

daria morgendorfer wrote:Why didn't any of these women come out when Cain first announced his intentions to run for prez? Something just doesn't smell right; and now we got Gloria Allred involved. It really stinks up... Not saying it did or didn't happen, just why wait until now?

Well, the first two complaints happened in the 1990s, so that isn't exactly waiting until now.

The most recent one makes sense to me. She probably didn't feel great about his running if this did happen, but was more willing to let it go. Then he goes on TV yelling about the racist witch hunt against him and how he has never sexually harassed anyone. That seemingly would make someone mad if they were the victim of sexual harassment. Maybe she is trying to cash in somehow and her claims are nonsense, but it doesn't seem to be illogical that she would come out at this point. It follows the pattern of other high-profile cases like the accused priests and even Anthony Wiener. Did it not make sense to you that woman after woman stepped forward once Anthony was outed as a Wiener-shower?

Speaking in terms of probability, much like Bill Clinton is probably a rapist, I find it somewhat hard to believe that ALL of these allegations are bogus. I mean honestly, if your life or a million dollars depended on it, who would you bet had a problem with harassing women, Herman Cain or Mitt Romney or Newt Gingrich or Rick Perry or any of those other ones? I sure wouldn't want my wife or college-aged daughter interning for him at this point.
nato

Postby Butters » November 8th, 2011, 8:49 pm

nato wrote:Well, the first two complaints happened in the 1990s, so that isn't exactly waiting until now.

The most recent one makes sense to me. She probably didn't feel great about his running if this did happen, but was more willing to let it go. Then he goes on TV yelling about the racist witch hunt against him and how he has never sexually harassed anyone. That seemingly would make someone mad if they were the victim of sexual harassment. Maybe she is trying to cash in somehow and her claims are nonsense, but it doesn't seem to be illogical that she would come out at this point. It follows the pattern of other high-profile cases like the accused priests and even Anthony Wiener. Did it not make sense to you that woman after woman stepped forward once Anthony was outed as a Wiener-shower?

Speaking in terms of probability, much like Bill Clinton is probably a rapist, I find it somewhat hard to believe that ALL of these allegations are bogus. I mean honestly, if your life or a million dollars depended on it, who would you bet had a problem with harassing women, Herman Cain or Mitt Romney or Newt Gingrich or Rick Perry or any of those other ones? I sure wouldn't want my wife or college-aged daughter interning for him at this point.

I'm agreeing with you at this point. I was highly skeptical when the allegations first emerged, for two reasons:

1. The accusers remained anonymous. I am highly skeptical of any allegation where the accuser isn't identified. I recognize that there are cases where this is necessary (like witnesses against mobsters), but if a person is going to make allegations that can ruin a man's life and the accused is no danger from the accusation, I am tend not to believe it unless the accuser is willing to be identified.

2. The accusations didn't seem that serious. News stories repeated described the allegations as "unwanted sexual advances" or "unwanted sexual comments". Hell, by that standard, I've sexually harassed every girl who has ever said no to me. If we're going to define a man pursuing women who aren't interested in him as sexual harassment, I reject allegations of sexual harassment as meaningless.

However, this has all changed. The accusers are not anonymous anymore (at least not all of them), and the allegations are genuinely of sexual harassment. No more vague charge that unidentified women receive unwanted advance; we have an identified woman who, without asking for money to tell her story, clearly describes Cain not only making very crude advances, but verbally making her acceptance of those advances a condition for receiving a job. This is textbook sexual harassment.

So, my position has changed from skeptical to believing that Cain is done.
I am to metaphor cheese as metaphor cheese is to transitive verb crackers!
Butters

Postby qelyrybuj » October 8th, 2019, 2:20 am

Cleveland talk is the channel of the news which is provide the news of the world in the single click with the use of the internet in any place of the world paperial review as well as this id the best forum to get the information of the current issue in the world.
qelyrybuj

Postby Michaels153 » October 11th, 2019, 12:57 am

Just keep following that script troll, and thanks for such a refreshing and timely contribution to this intellectual forum.
The Liberal Creed: Take all the money you can, from all the people you can, in all the ways that you can, for as long as you can.
Michaels153

Return to Politics