Indians radio

Indians radio

Postby robespierre4 » February 28th, 2011, 9:26 pm

OK Tribnut, so what’s the reason for bringing in Jim Rosenhaus to share duties with Tom Hamilton and Mike Hegan? Do you think the purpose behind Rosenhaus is that Tom or Mike want out? I hope the Indians continue to pay Tom and Mike well to retain them for several more years to give us a chance to contend again.

I can handle Rosenhouse as an occasional substitute or pre-game personality but he is boring and I don’t see him ever evolving into anything that could remotely replace Tom or Mike on the radio.

I’m curious about what their contracts look like. You can’t skimp on radio when you look at payroll and fan popularity. If people don’t listen it eventually affects sponsors and revenue and then the overall financial health of the team will suffer.
robespierre4

Re: Indians radio

Postby tribenutupnorth » February 28th, 2011, 9:32 pm

Short answer is I think that they're grooming Rosie for the job. Not sure if you know this, but Hegan's getting up there in years, and he's not gonna last forever. I don't particularly like Rosie; Hegan's a way better announcer, but I guess that's management's choice? I just hope they never get him doing play-by-play when Hammie retires (hopefully in the very very distant future)
It's all about US- Kevin Keane
tribenutupnorth

Postby robespierre4 » February 28th, 2011, 9:47 pm

Herb Score lasted a long time but eventually fizzled. Those older guys like Hegan didn’t get the big bucks so they have to pick up a radio job to make ends meet.
robespierre4

Postby Biz » March 1st, 2011, 3:28 am

Rosey has yet to be annointed the official replacement for Hegan when his time comes to hang up the microphone; he is 68.

Money is the farthest from being an issue for him. He has his place in Hilton Head and could play golf everyday if he wanted to. The big thing with Hegan is that baseball is his life. He grew up in a clubhouse, was "one of the guys" when he played and would probably like to end it there.

Despite that, age and travel is beginning to take a toll on him. No one is pushing him out; just hoping he knows when to say when. Problem is that there are very few people with the experience and extensive baseball knowledge that he has.

One of the best baseball combos ever was when he was paired up with Jack Corrigan at Ch 43.
HATE! HATE! HATE!
The only championships this town has won since '64 is in the sport of Schadenfreude.
http://twitter.com/MuskBuck
Biz

Postby tribenutupnorth » March 1st, 2011, 10:45 am

You all know how much i looooooooooooooove the Detroit Kitties, but one of the saddest days of my baseball life was the last game Ernie Harwell called. Was that guy great or what? Probably the most enjoyable broadcaster I ever listened to, as well as one of the best human beings ever to be involved in baseball.
tribenutupnorth

Postby TribefanstuckinMA » March 1st, 2011, 4:22 pm

LOVE your signature t-nut! :D

I remember that Hegan was having vocal problems last season. Didn't call road games towards the end of the season. I think this year he'll be calling only home games, right? Eventually he'll probably leave the booth just to save his voice. Too bad...I've gotten used to him over the years. He DOES know his baseball "stuff". But I still want Hammy behind the mike when our guys hit homers.

BTW, anyone catch who is sitting next to Rosie for today's webgame? The guy is better sounding...I say kick Rosie out and let that guy call games. ;)
My happiness and success is not dependant on someone else's cooperation. It is up to me to succeed.
TribefanstuckinMA

Postby InsaneJedi » March 1st, 2011, 9:04 pm

TribefanstuckinMA wrote:BTW, anyone catch who is sitting next to Rosie for today's webgame? The guy is better sounding...I say kick Rosie out and let that guy call games. ;)

That's Tim Alcorn. He's a radio personality for WEOL in Elyria (thank you Wikipedia. :lol: )
Proud supporter of Jason Donald, aka Joey Hustle! Get well soon, Joey; we all want you back.
InsaneJedi

Postby tribenutupnorth » March 2nd, 2011, 3:49 am

Plus his name sounds like Acorn, which is appealing to a TribeNut
tribenutupnorth

Postby AndrewOrr » October 17th, 2019, 5:55 am

Clinical use of the offer is announced for the management of the foes for the people. The design of the function and https://aussiessayservices.com/ozessay-com-au-review/ is visited for the uploading of the material. The charge is deflected for the removal of the bad laments and paths for the field. the charge of the d town and down is filled for the automatic means for the judgment for the paths for the people.
AndrewOrr

Return to Sports