[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3825)
Cleveland Talk • View topic - First Browns post.

First Browns post.

First Browns post.

Postby robespierre4 » February 24th, 2011, 1:57 pm

Pittsburgh still sucks.
robespierre4

Re: First Browns post.

Postby robespierre4 » February 27th, 2011, 10:18 pm

robespierre4

Postby robespierre4 » March 1st, 2011, 8:24 pm

robespierre4

Postby TribefanstuckinMA » March 2nd, 2011, 4:16 pm

Someone jonesing for football? I can relate from a different sports perspective...spring training games started for the Tribe on Sunday. Yippee!!!
TribefanstuckinMA

Postby robespierre4 » March 2nd, 2011, 4:50 pm

I was reading a baseball magazine while waiting in line at SuperK this morning. The magazine predicted the Tribe would finish last in our division, referring to the Indians as nothing more than a door mate. Sizemore and Santana are coming off knee surgery blaa blaa. Will Hafner be any good blaa blaa. Starting pitching, will they play up to their abilities blaa blaa…

After a while you get hired of hearing it.
robespierre4

Postby TribefanstuckinMA » March 2nd, 2011, 5:01 pm

Well I've been listening to Tribe games for over 50 years :shock: (which I still haven't figured out since I'm only 29... 8-) ) and I still get excited for baseball. And if you check the records over that more-than-half-a-century there have been way more doormat teams than crowned victors. Like, none. My Mom got to see a World Series win :D ; all I've had are league championships. :( *sigh*
TribefanstuckinMA

Postby robespierre4 » March 2nd, 2011, 5:16 pm

My mom actually attended the 1948 World Series game. I listen to Indians radio all summer. I have a radio in each room of my house, including the bathroom. We may have a better reason for optimism about the Browns. I don’t understand why Triv dismissed Pat Shurmur as just another coach when he was hired. I think it was a good move given the type of offense Holmgren wants to run and best to develop Colt McCoy’s skills with that offense.
robespierre4

Postby robespierre4 » March 4th, 2011, 9:17 pm

News-Herald had article today about a recent quote by Mike Holmgren in which Mike admits he considered stepping in to coach Browns after Mangini was fired. I think reason for Shurmur hiring with no offensive coordinator is that Holmgren plans to waltz onto the field this season and push Shurmur back to offensive coordinator.
robespierre4

Return to Sports