How do you like your draft picks?

How do you like your draft picks?

Postby Butters » April 29th, 2017, 1:18 pm

I like what I've seen so far. I like that the Browns are being disciplined and refusing to make panic picks or reach. All three players taken in the first round could be real impact players, they all seem to be those guys who make big plays that change games. And I think DeShone Kizer had the most upside of any of the quarterbacks in the draft; I thought only Trubisky looked like a better choice, and Kizer has the potential to be better if he puts it all together.

I'm actually pretty optimistic about the Browns. I don't expect playoffs or a tremendous season, but I think they've collected a lot of impressive young talent, and I think there's a good chance there will be a lot of improvement through the season. My hope is that it will be like the 1990 season for the Cowboys. That was Jimmy Johnson's second season, in which they took major steps forward after the 1-15 disaster of '89; it was a losing season, but the growth and development of the talent led to the playoffs in 1991. That's my hope; probably a terrible start, but noticeable improvement through the season that makes playoffs a realistic goal in 2018.
I am to metaphor cheese as metaphor cheese is to transitive verb crackers!
Butters

Return to Sports