How about the Tribe!

How about the Tribe!

Postby leftyg » October 7th, 2016, 9:12 pm

This is really wonderful. I hope we can get through this series and go forward. The Cavs players were even at the game to lend support and I was away from the computer all afternoon. This is great. I just want it to continue.
leftyg

Re: How about the Tribe!

Postby TribefanstuckinMA » October 12th, 2016, 3:53 am

A couple weeks ago I told my DH that I thought the Indians would shadow what the Cavs did. Except the Indians have only two playoff series before they reach the World series. Follow along: Cavs sweep DEEtroit in first round - Tribe sweeps Bahstun in the first round. Good so far. Since the Tribe is facing the Toronto Blue Jays in the last round, will they win in six? The next week and a half will tell. I figure Tribe will take it 4-2. On to face the NL Champ. Cubs beat the Giants tonight to win their NLDS, now waiting to see who they beat in the next round - Dodgers or Senat...Nationals. Doesn't matter in my scenario, since the Cubs will win. After all, they are the leader in the NL, having won the most games at 103.

Picture this - World Series, Cubs vs Tribe. Two hard-luck teams that haven't won in generations. And Only One Can Win. Tribe in 7? I don't know, since the only thing that isn't quite right is the fact that the Tribe has home field advatage. Sure hope they do, though! After all, we're not getting any younger, lefty, and I'd like to see a World Series winner for my home town before I start pushing up daisies. I sure as hell have put up with enough of the celebrating in Bahstun. Cram it, Red Sux. It's our turn now.
My happiness and success is not dependant on someone else's cooperation. It is up to me to succeed.
TribefanstuckinMA

Postby leftyg » October 20th, 2016, 1:53 am

Well, we are going to the WS. And just like the Cavs, the Tribe has a dominating record going into the final series. The Cavs were 12-2 going into the NBA Finals and the Tribe is 7-1 going into the World Series. leftyg

PS you do not have any feelings for the Red Sox do you.
leftyg

Postby TribefanstuckinMA » October 23rd, 2016, 2:34 am

leftyg wrote:PS you do not have any feelings for the Red Sox do you.

Not any good ones, lefty. :x I'm still ticked off about '07.
My happiness and success is not dependant on someone else's cooperation. It is up to me to succeed.
TribefanstuckinMA

Postby leftyg » November 6th, 2016, 1:40 am

I wrote this on a thread on the general discussion board the other day and it encapsulates what I feel:
I was wrong. I figured the fact that it was the warmest day on record in Cleveland meant the term Indian Summer had a double meaning. What was not wrong is that it was an amazing day for Cleveland and for Chicago. I was feeling bummed about the game, not that bad because the Indians had fought back so many times in the game and it was the highest rated baseball game in 25 years. And I was happy for the people of Chicago. I saw video of an old man in his 80's watching the game on TV with his son who was probably in his fifties and his reaction was taped. It was one of pure joy when the first baseman, Rizzo, squeezed the ball in his glove for the final out. To us in Cleveland it was the end, just another disappointment, but for that old man it was the end of disappointment and the beginning of a wonderful celebration for him and his city.

Chris Hays talked about it on his show on MSNBC and he used the Myth of Sisyphus by Albert Camus when Camus reminded us that the old Greek myth is about struggle and how hard it is and how it is what makes life worth living, that we should not curse our struggles but rather embrace them and remember that every time we push the rock up the hill that it will roll back to the bottom and the struggle will begin anew.
leftyg

Return to Sports