The National Championship Game

The National Championship Game

Postby leftyg » January 10th, 2015, 7:01 pm

And our Bucks are in it. I feel pretty good about the game. I probably won't get to bed until after midnight, so I will be dragging on Tuesday. But for the first time in a long time I feel good about our chances in a big game. I think Cardale Jones is probably the best of our three quarterbacks and the running game is purring and Marcus Mariota can't be on the field when our offense is on the field. I am encouraged because we beat Alabama and survived probably the best punting performance I ever saw, college or pro, and we made several crucial turnovers and mistakes and still managed to beat the best team in the country in a convincing way. In the first half we outgained the Tide 348-133 which is massive. Remember, Ohio State is usually mistake free. AND there is one other thing that might help us: this game is on national television and ESPN paid six billion dollars to telecast the playoff series for the next ten years which means there will be plenty of commercials which might slow down the Oregon offensive onslaught. Really, there offense depends on making quick plays so other teams get tired and cannot substitute. Anyway, if anybody has a thought, just bring it. Politics aside, I think we are all on the same page here.
leftyg

Re: The National Championship Game

Postby TribefanstuckinMA » January 18th, 2015, 3:19 am

For once, we've cheered for a team that doesn't have us saying "wait till next year"! So this is what supporting a winner feels like, eh? I'm liking this feeling.
My happiness and success is not dependant on someone else's cooperation. It is up to me to succeed.
TribefanstuckinMA

Postby leftyg » January 19th, 2015, 1:45 am

Tribefan, notice I wrote this a couple days before the game. Urban Meyer, who was raised about ten miles from where I was raised and Cardale Jones who played about one mile from where I now live both do not seem like "wait until next year types. You can never get carried away about the future, but it looks like Coach Meyer has given us that extra something we really never had since I was a kid and Woody was coach, and even Woody could not adjust to the game like Urban Meyer can.

leftyg
leftyg

Postby TribefanstuckinMA » January 26th, 2015, 2:13 am

lefty, my hubby was saying during the game that the last time he could remember the Buckeyes getting beat down like we were doing to the Ducks was the BCS championship in 2007. I said to him "it's a whole lot more fun when you're playing FOR Urban Meyer than playing AGAINST him". 8-)
My happiness and success is not dependant on someone else's cooperation. It is up to me to succeed.
TribefanstuckinMA

Postby Michaels153 » January 28th, 2015, 8:04 pm

I am learning more and more about how well coach Meyer knows football and how respected and sought out for that knowledge even by those at the professional level.
We are very fortunate to have him.
As to the Buckeyes; well I don't have the ability to limit the praise they deserve.
And nationally, the experts now have to swallow hard and talk about more than just the SEC.
The Liberal Creed: Take all the money you can, from all the people you can, in all the ways that you can, for as long as you can.
Michaels153

Return to Sports