Tim Tebow Struck By Lightning

Postby wobbly » August 4th, 2014, 12:20 pm

Jul 28, 2014
http://dailycurrant.com/2014/07/28/tim- ... lightning/

Former NFL quarterback Tim Tebow was struck by lightning today.

According to local reports, the deeply religious college star is recovering in a New Mexico hospital after being hit with a burst of lightning in a Home Depot parking lot on a mostly sunny day.

Tebow suffered second-degree burns over 60% of his body and minor damage to internal organs, but is nevertheless said to be in good spirits.

“I would just like to thank Jesus Christ for this amazing experience,” he told reporters from his hospital bedside,”If it weren't for the Lord’s grace this could have been a lot worse.

“The doctors say the lightning was a direct hit, which has a 1 in 2 million chance of happening. But the fact that I survived at all proves that someone up there is looking out for me. This truly is a miracle.

“By giving me an additional challenge to overcome, God is clearly telling me that I should continue pursuing my lifelong dream of being a starting quarterback in the NFL.”

Tebow was a college standout at the University of Florida, where he won the Heisman trophy in 2007 and competed for the BCS national championship game in 2008 and 2009.

His career in the NFL, however, was short-lived and better known for his ostentatious displays of religiosity than his on the field achievements. A devout Christian, Tebow would often kneel in prayer during games and profusely thanked his "Lord and savior Jesus Christ" during media appearances.

Drafted by the Denver Broncos in 2010, Tebow became the starter the following season and led his team to the second round of the playoffs despite a poor pass completion rate.

After signing Peyton Manning after the 2011 season the Broncos traded Tebow to the New York Jets, who cut him from the roster in 2013. He briefly played for the Patriots later that year, but was cut before the start of the regular season.

Although football experts say Tebow isn’t accurate enough to play at quarterback in the NFL, he continues to train hoping to get back into the league.

“This actually makes a lot of sense,” says one ESPN analyst. “I always thought he had a better chance of being struck by lightning than signing with a NFL team.”
“Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.”
― Richard Dawkins

Tea Party: Brewing Extremism Since 2010.
wobbly

Return to Sports