BCS bowl standings gets it right this time.

BCS bowl standings gets it right this time.

Postby Michaels153 » December 2nd, 2013, 12:51 am

I was pleasantly surprised by the BCS rankings that came out tonight. I believe that the rankings are correct and not just because I am an Ohio State Buckeye fan.
I have made the timeless argument based on the number of wins and losses a team has as being the first and most important ranking criteria.
Auburn fans as well as some TV analysts prefer less tangible criteria and are overly impressed by the win over Alabama.
I think if Ohio State wins this Saturday they will be in the championship game regardless of the final score.
Ohio State began the season ranked #2 before they played their first game. And since then they have done nothing but win. Even still, they dropped from 2nd, to 3rd and now back to where they started at.
Go Buckeyes!
The Liberal Creed: Take all the money you can, from all the people you can, in all the ways that you can, for as long as you can.
Michaels153

Re: BCS bowl standings gets it right this time.

Postby JuicedTruth » December 2nd, 2013, 3:24 pm

I couldn't be happier that they'll be moving to a playoff format, albeit smaller and more limited than I think is ideal, and ditching the current system.
JuicedTruth

Return to Sports