2013 Indians about to bury themselves

2013 Indians about to bury themselves

Postby Michaels153 » August 31st, 2013, 4:41 pm

He tells me they have improved over last year, and technically its true, but the Cleveland Indians have gone on a streak of losing the games that count, the games that could lead to a playoff appearance. One of the Supervisors at a work site is a big Tigers and Redskins fan. His Tigers are the cream of the crop this year, and the Indians are not the only team that have problems finding ways to hang in there.
Still the Indians find themselves in a familiar pattern at the end of another season. It seems as if the Indians run out of gas near the end of the season, which only highlights how much they really lack in comparison.

I think the Indians should change the logo on their baseball caps and in place of "Indians" on their uniforms, they should have: Waiters. Not as in fishing waiters, but as in "Wait till next year."
I can see Snoopy lowering his head with the "Sigh" caption over his head.
Yea, just wait till next year fans. Again.
...sigh :(
The Liberal Creed: Take all the money you can, from all the people you can, in all the ways that you can, for as long as you can.
Michaels153

Re: 2013 Indians about to bury themselves

Postby daria morgendorfer » September 30th, 2013, 1:01 pm

So much for burying themselves.... :P
"Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment in time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."----Ronald Reagan

Qapla!!
daria morgendorfer

Postby TribefanstuckinMA » October 2nd, 2013, 3:30 am

Michaels153 wrote:...Still the Indians find themselves in a familiar pattern at the end of another season. It seems as if the Indians run out of gas near the end of the season, which only highlights how much they really lack in comparison....(

Hope you paid attention to their season after you posted this. Tribe won their last 10 games. 92 wins their first year under Francona. You can tell your Tiger-loving boss that the Motor City Kittie finished one game ahead of our Tribe.

Haven't a clue what will happen when we play the Rays later today, but going from 96 losses last year to 92 wins this year is a pretty decent improvement - especially since the target year was 2014. Go Tribe!
My happiness and success is not dependant on someone else's cooperation. It is up to me to succeed.
TribefanstuckinMA

Postby Michaels153 » October 19th, 2013, 3:35 am

I will be the first to admit it when I miss a prediction. I did not think we had enough pitching to make anywhere near the improvement that this team did. They deserve all the credit given to them. I had given up on them. But because of their history, I don't think I was the only one who had given up on them.
I am not disappointed that they lost to the rays, but I was disappointed in the way they lost.
Next year will be very interesting.
The Liberal Creed: Take all the money you can, from all the people you can, in all the ways that you can, for as long as you can.
Michaels153

Return to Sports