Elway, still an arrogant asshole?

Elway, still an arrogant asshole?

Postby robespierre4 » April 22nd, 2013, 7:31 pm

A thought on feeling good or bad in sports, in particular in regard to the Cleveland Browns and their main rivals. I would add one more to Butters’ list of reasons to feel good or bad about something: John Elway. Triv kisses his ass, thinks he is the greatest. But look, oh know, Elway's team got bumped from the playoffs last year. That made me feel good, though not as good as a Browns win over the Steelers would have. As you recall, Elway refused to play for an east coast team when drafted out of college. The team at the time who had rights to Elway was the Baltimore Colts with the shitiest record. I don't recall how the NFL decided to resolve the case but Elway should have been forced to delay his entry into the NFL for three years, time for his ego to cool down--and his skills. Do I care about the Colts? No. Not at all. But I look back at Elway during that period and think: What an arrogant asshole. Draft order is designed to help bad teams get better and level the playing field over time. We as Browns fans have had our fill of potential players who don’t like Cleveland or the Browns and say so. In some small measure this might explain some of our failure to land good players that might have advanced our teams.

Root against the Pittsburg Steelers, but root against the success of the Broncos while Elway is there.
robespierre4

Re: Elway, still an arrogant asshole?

Postby Biz » April 25th, 2013, 4:29 pm

Fuck horseface.
HATE! HATE! HATE!
The only championships this town has won since '64 is in the sport of Schadenfreude.
http://twitter.com/MuskBuck
Biz

Re: Elway, still an arrogant asshole?

Postby robespierre4 » April 25th, 2013, 7:22 pm

I hope my "level the playing field" is not what caught your attention and produced your very elegant reply, which I appreciate very much. I apply "level the playing field" to Cleveland sports, and professional sports in general, which have special rules and exemptions. On everything else, I am get yours.
robespierre4

Return to Sports