Software Updates

This is the place to complain about the site or request new features. New features of the site will also be announced here.

Software Updates

Postby ClevelandTalk » March 3rd, 2011, 10:05 am

There may be a few kinks today as some features that should help the site become more visible in Google searches are installed.

Update:
03/03/2011 10:45

Updates have been made, which seems to have broken the ability for topics to be split into pages once they reach 25 posts. This feature is disabled for now until it can be fixed.
ClevelandTalk
Site Admin

Re: Software Updates

Postby daria morgendorfer » March 3rd, 2011, 6:19 pm

FYI, oh great site administrator, when I try to go back to a topic from the bottom of the page or display a post from someone on iggy, it comes up "page cannot be displayed" with error404 message.
"Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment in time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."----Ronald Reagan

Qapla!!
daria morgendorfer

Postby robespierre4 » March 3rd, 2011, 7:38 pm

Hey your back link at the bottom-left of the threads takes us to a blank page. The one at the top is properly linked.
robespierre4

Postby Iluvlamp (I'm Really HeyMoe) » March 3rd, 2011, 7:40 pm

daria morgendorfer wrote:FYI, oh great site administrator, when I try to go back to a topic from the bottom of the page or display a post from someone on iggy, it comes up "page cannot be displayed" with error404 message.

"Iggy"...sound like Big Mike......
Iluvlamp (I'm Really HeyMoe)

Postby robespierre4 » March 3rd, 2011, 8:46 pm

I've matured since my days of BigMike_. I am robespierre4 and I am in good standing with ClevelandTalk.
robespierre4

Postby Scorpion » March 3rd, 2011, 9:22 pm

robespierre4 wrote:"Iggy"...sound like Big Mike......

I've matured since my days of BigMike_. I am robespierre4 and I am in good standing with ClevelandTalk.

OMG.....I can't help laughing.......... :lol:
At least your not hiding behind someone elses moniker.
A man wants to have sex or he doesn't.
If he doesn't, its like trying to put a marshmallow into a parking meter.
Scorpion

Postby TribefanstuckinMA » March 4th, 2011, 12:30 am

Ack! I found another glitch. I put up with the trolls on the WTAM message board but I am not going to waste time and eye strength scanning past posts I don't want to read. I've been able to "Foe" two of our resident Worthless Wonders but all of a sudden I can't foe! :shock: I have someone I want to ignore and I can't *poof* the posts. Please get the bugs worked out soon, 'k? Thanks! :D
My happiness and success is not dependant on someone else's cooperation. It is up to me to succeed.
TribefanstuckinMA

Postby Biz » March 4th, 2011, 9:52 am

There are ways to keep them out by tweaking the "captcha" (I think that is what it's called) with the distorted characters or a stupid simple question a robot wouldn't understand.
HATE! HATE! HATE!
The only championships this town has won since '64 is in the sport of Schadenfreude.
http://twitter.com/MuskBuck
Biz

Postby ClevelandTalk » March 4th, 2011, 11:17 am

The original CAPTCHA I was using was not effective. I replaced it with a question the other day and we haven't had any spam bot registrations since.
ClevelandTalk
Site Admin

Postby robespierre4 » March 5th, 2011, 10:48 pm

Biz, did anyone think to save the old message board files from TAM? You could attach them to this board and sell the deleted files as a cuss pack.
robespierre4

Postby daria morgendorfer » March 8th, 2011, 2:56 pm

Iluvlamp (I'm Really HeyMoe) wrote:
daria morgendorfer wrote:FYI, oh great site administrator, when I try to go back to a topic from the bottom of the page or display a post from someone on iggy, it comes up "page cannot be displayed" with error404 message.

Haven't you ever hear of Iggy Pop? Kids... :P
"Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment in time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."----Ronald Reagan

Qapla!!
daria morgendorfer

Return to Announcements / About The Site / Feature Requests